Page 177 of 290 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think you missed the point MrsEd is trying to make - she has already moved onto stomach cancer. Why do you think that is?

And as far as tests go why not ask all the HIV/AIDS worriers on here why they can't accept their extremely reliable tests (some of them multiple) are clear? Or perhaps ask those in the UK worrying about rabies when we haven't had a case in decades and that was only because it was someone who works with bats or how our cases are because people are infected on holiday in countries with rabies?
    I guess. In my case I think I would draw the line for GI worries if my bowel cancer worry went

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How do you know they are factual stories? Are they medical case histories? If not, it's "man down the pub" stuff.
    Mostly because they're on pages like Bowel Cancer UK, Cancer Research etc and most of the same stories are on other pages they've done interviews for, or for breakfast time TV to raise awareness etc

I'm not trying to be annoying here but I think I have a point. I wish in these stories they would specify where exactly the tumor was found, it's frustrating, "I experienced bleeding" is that blood mixed in, blood on the stool, on the paper? How can you freshly bleed from your rectum if the tumor is higher up? I know I overthink things a lot but this is frustrating

It's complicated, though, and most people don't have a hypochondriac's knack for analysing every tiny detail.

This is why you trust the professionals - they know what is and isn't relevant. Yes, sometimes they get it wrong, but in the end life itself is a terminal condition.

Re: Blood in stool!

I think you have a question for your GP: “How do I start to trust what medical professionals are telling me”.

Oh, and “how can I stop googling”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It's complicated, though, and most people don't have a hypochondriac's knack for analysing every tiny detail.

This is why you trust the professionals - they know what is and isn't relevant. Yes, sometimes they get it wrong, but in the end life itself is a terminal condition.
    I can't help it, it's in my nature to overanalyse everything

Like, sure, I could go out for a walk etc but that wouldn't change the fact that I saw something that contradicted what the GP said because I'd still be coming home from the walk to that fact

I'll just have a proper talk with the GP about my doubts regarding these stories and what I was told etc

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I can't help it, it's in my nature to overanalyse everything

Like, sure, I could go out for a walk etc but that wouldn't change the fact that I saw something that contradicted what the GP said because I'd still be coming home from the walk to that fact

I'll just have a proper talk with the GP about my doubts regarding these stories and what I was told etc
    So you will choose to obsessing rather than use of range of strategies anxiety sufferers employ to try to help themselves? You (again) are looking at it the wrong way.

From experience, you wouldn't overanalyze everything if your life wasn't so empty.

Mostly because they're on pages like Bowel Cancer UK, Cancer Research etc and most of the same stories are on other pages they've done interviews for, or for breakfast time TV to raise awareness etc
    TV can be irrelevant. If you have any doubt of this just look at the many zelebs they interview about their health. Unless you know ALL the facts you don't accept everything people say because they open to bias because they aren't trained.

The same with stories on websites as even the NHS has unvetted comments posted all over it.

I'm wary about someone who can't be objective telling me these stories are completely accurate without seeing them myself.

I guess. In my case I think I would draw the line for GI worries if my bowel cancer worry went
    Maybe you will, maybe you won't. But you are saying exactly the same as everybody else on here and most can't.

Besides you will just choose another theme of worry. Perhaps a persistent cough will mean you want your lungs scanning at great cost.

Will you go another 10 years having all these tests? And what about the fact a test very quickly becomes irrelevant?

Page 177 of 290 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast

Thread Information