Page 180 of 290 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I'm glad to hear that they were thorough because it's a significant diagnosis but certainly not one to be ashamed of. Maybe you should research into the qualities which people with Asperger's have which sets them above people who are not on the spectrum? It seems to me as if you dislike the "label" but will use it as an excuse for your lack of motivation/ preference to be isolated?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm glad to hear that they were thorough because it's a significant diagnosis but certainly not one to be ashamed of. Maybe you should research into the qualities which people with Asperger's have which sets them above people who are not on the spectrum? It seems to me as if you dislike the "label" but will use it as an excuse for your lack of motivation/ preference to be isolated?
    No I don't like being misjudged as incapable or dumb which is what I experience most of the time, but I'll admit that it means I'm often housebound and dislike going out unless it's in a situation that I'm used to ie. going out to my Grandma's on Sundays which is routine. So I think that is a valid excuse, but I'm happy to keep to myself (as in not go out and mix with people like friends etc) as long as I don't have to worry about cancer which is my problem.

I'm happy being introverted, all of my interests are online and easily accessible at home. I only bring up my ASD when I'm told to "go on a walk" or to go and volunteer somewhere as if that would make me feel better, I'm just not that sort of "going out" person which is where the ASD comes in. That's also when I start to overthink like, "But I look terrible" "What if I see this person I don't like and it would be extremely awkward" "What if I see people I don't like on the bus" "What if everyone thinks I look fat" "What if I see someone I know and they ask me what I've been doing and I have to lie because I can't just say I've been doing nothing" etc etc

Everyone else's idea of a fun Saturday night at my age: clubbing, having parties

My idea of a fun Saturday night: watching TV shows I love... eating (shamefully)

Not everybody your age loves clubbing, although I think a fair few pretend they do.

I understand social phobia because my own used to cripple me, but you have to find a balance. If you didn't need companionship you wouldn't be posting here.

That's a very valid point, Iris.

I'd be very happy to never be in a romantic relationship that's for sure

Well, quite. Relationships involve giving as well as taking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    From personal experience, mental illness requires much more giving from the unaffected partner involved with it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Believe me, I know, FMP, and I make sure my husband knows every day how grateful I am for his patience and tolerance.

Believe me, I know, FMP, and I make sure my husband knows every day how grateful I am for his patience and tolerance.
    That's so good to hear.

Had my ex actually tried to help herself, things may have turned out differently.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, thanks for the insult.

Page 180 of 290 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast

Thread Information