Page 185 of 290 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Blood in stool!

Toby, you’ll get through this. Keep on trying to think positively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Toby, you’ll get through this. Keep on trying to think positively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't do it, I was so excited to go on holiday in a couple of weeks and now this has completely ruined everything :(

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Have you tried the free CBT workbooks available on the site? You don't have anything to lose at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Have you tried the free CBT workbooks available on the site? You don't have anything to lose at this stage.
    Could you link me to one please? I’m currently on my phone

Also on my phone, but I'll link you once I'm out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Also on my phone, but I'll link you once I'm out of bed.
    I'm on my laptop now I can try and find them

Found it. I'll give it a go later.

I'm really scared now because I saw a Daily Mail article about a load of younger people who all had symptoms of bowel cancer for years (sometimes 5) before getting diagnosed with it, including bleeding

I feel like if I just sit here things are going to get so much worse, I need a sigmoidoscopy ASAP. I can't live like this

12. Delay: Four yearsStage four cancer
    Vida Tonna, 37, a GP practice manager from Brighton, is married with two children. At 5ft 5in, and 9st and her BMI is 21. She says:

My symptoms started in 2012 with irregular bowel movements and blood in my stools, but I was diagnosed with IBS [at a different practice to her work].

It was only after intense pain in my back and abdomen in 2016 that I went to A&E and my cancer was found. I had an emergency operation, seven months of chemo and then surgery to remove most of my bowel, my appendix and ovaries.

4 years... that scares me to know I could be stuck like this for FOUR YEARS. I've barely managed one and I'm still in pieces

Why is this all happening to me :(

No one else on here seems to have symptoms as bad as mine.. most people may have a tiny bit of blood on the paper and a few cramps but I'm here with blood of most colours spotted every 3-4 weeks

I am losing the will to live.

Toby for goodness sake.

You were saying on another thread that your Mum works hard and has to do all the housework etc which leaves her feeling tired.

Take some time away from your computer searching for disaster stories and go pick up the hoover, wash some dishes, anything that does not involve sitting being self absorbed.

Over the past week or so you have started new threads worrying about different cancers and also about your Mum.

Does this not tell you that this is HA and your objectivity has flown out the window.

Again don't come back with "BUT".

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Toby for goodness sake.

You were saying on another thread that your Mum works hard and has to do all the housework etc which leaves her feeling tired.

Take some time away from your computer searching for disaster stories and go pick up the hoover, wash some dishes, anything that does not involve sitting being self absorbed.

Over the past week or so you have started new threads worrying about different cancers and also about your Mum.

Does this not tell you that this is HA and your objectivity has flown out the window.

Again don't come back with "BUT".
    Unfortunately I'm back to worrying about myself now after I saw blood on the paper and stool, but it wasn't bright red, it was more of a dull neutral red. This did come after a long night of 3-4 trips to the toilet because I ate a lot the night before, so a lot of straining and sitting on the toilet for 5-6 minutes per time, however the blood wasn't bright red

I know, however, if the people who are in the disaster stories had come on here with non alarming symptoms worrying about cancer everyone would have told them to stop worrying and to get a life but then eventually they find out they had cancer all along. I will be one of those cases, it's just a matter of how long it's gonna take to get a diagnosis. My symptoms are just too strange and messed up

Recently though I've started to accept death more and come to terms with it, what helped was, a young actor only 2 years older than me passed away after a random stroke. He was in a few things I watched growing up.. I feel like if he can face it, I can too. But I'm still petrified at the same time of course

Page 185 of 290 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast

Thread Information