Page 189 of 290 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

You can, but you have to be prepared to accept the possibility of your beliefs being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    To be fair, I agree that they would've been two separate events that specific time:

"But in 2013, I was going to the loo a lot more, my stools were looser and I had painful bloating. After several visits my GP diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Going gluten-free helped

"in January 2018, I saw blood in my stools and had severe back pain."

but it's stories like this that scare me:

"When I started bleeding five years ago, my GP diagnosed IBS. Twice I was reassured it could not be anything serious because of my age and general fitness.
    Two years later I ended up in A&E with a suspected rectal prolapse. Further investigations revealed stage three bowel cancer; within a year it was stage four."

She went on for FIVE YEARS. It makes me feel sick thinking I could be waiting 5 years for a diagnosis

Sorry that the font size is all over the place, it's quite annoying especially when you copy and paste
    If you can accept the first, you can accept the second. In both where is the link between the events?

As we have said before doctors are not going to ignore true symptoms that are indicative of something just because it would make the person unusual due to a statistic. The statistics don't actually tell them it's impossible anyway therefore they have to bare it in mind.

You join the wrong dots in many cases. Someone has a month of headaches and two years later has a brain tumour. But sometimes that's just the breaks in life. Unless you look at the period in between how do you know there is any connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    There are 7.73 million 10-19 year olds living in the UK

That means as a 10-19 year old, annually you have a 0.0004% chance of getting bowel cancer

38 people is barely any compared to the 40,000 people in total getting it each year in the UK

I shouldn't be worrying statistically but what if I'm one of those 38 unlucky people?
    But saying 38 is flawed. What you would actually have to say is "how many of the 38 were not diagnosed for x period". That will reduce the % even further.

I think you are too hung up on the colour of the blood to be honest. It doesn't have to be a perfect bright red when it comes from piles- mine is varying shades of red. Are you still eating rubbish as well as a normal person should not be constipated with a balanced healthy diet?

I still don't understand why you think the HA workbooks won't help just because the red is the wrong shade. Have you even persevered with reading them?

What are you wanting from us now as reassurance doesn't work, advice doesn't work so?????

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If you can accept the first, you can accept the second. In both where is the link between the events?

As we have said before doctors are not going to ignore true symptoms that are indicative of something just because it would make the person unusual due to a statistic. The statistics don't actually tell them it's impossible anyway therefore they have to bare it in mind.

You join the wrong dots in many cases. Someone has a month of headaches and two years later has a brain tumour. But sometimes that's just the breaks in life. Unless you look at the period in between how do you know there is any connection?
    Well, I can't deny that you're probably right. The Daily Mail and co do exaggerate

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But saying 38 is flawed. What you would actually have to say is "how many of the 38 were not diagnosed for x period". That will reduce the % even further.
    38 people per year alone or less is crazy, even some diseases that are considered rare are more likely in that age range are more likely to develop

Sometimes I forgot how catastrophically unlikely it would be for me to get it but there are people who unfortunately have at my age

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I think you are too hung up on the colour of the blood to be honest. It doesn't have to be a perfect bright red when it comes from piles- mine is varying shades of red. Are you still eating rubbish as well as a normal person should not be constipated with a balanced healthy diet?

I still don't understand why you think the HA workbooks won't help just because the red is the wrong shade. Have you even persevered with reading them?

What are you wanting from us now as reassurance doesn't work, advice doesn't work so?????
    I don't know I have OCD and everything has to add up perfectly for me or I panic. Like how I was wondering why I had blood on the stools rather than on the paper if I had piles

The workbooks really seem aimed at small trivial problems but mine feel huge

My first therapy appointment is on 22nd July so, it won't be long until I get help anyway

I'm much calmer now than I was and the past two times I've been to toilet I checked and there was no blood so that's a positive

Most of the time I only see blood with hard stools or straining or when I'm on and off the toilet a lot and sat on there for a long period of time like last night which suggests piles but annoyingly the blood just can't make my life easier and be a nice bright red, although it has been bright red before

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You can, but you have to be prepared to accept the possibility of your beliefs being wrong.
    I suppose.

Re: Blood in stool!

Everyone’s problems feel huge Toby.

I had an ovarian cyst, I was convinced it was cancer. It wasn’t. That felt pretty bloody huge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your problem is not huge at all - you are making it that.

Start reading the workbooks anyway - what have you got to lose?

Have you sorted your diet yet? Sitting on the loo straining for hours will make things 100 times worse.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 189 of 290 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast

Thread Information