Page 2 of 290 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Blood in stool!

most likely to be piles

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    You went 3 weeks without bleeding. Cancer doesn't come and go.
    I know but aren't tumours or whatever temperamental? Like that first night there was a LOT of bright red blood and all of a sudden it stopped for 3 weeks and now last night I wipe and there's a tiny trace of the same bright red blood on the paper.

But my stools have been notably thinner and looser and there's been on and off mucus (I don't know if that's always been present but I saw it a few times with no blood there)

I'm just so worried I can't even sleep. I know that can actually cause the loose stools, and I have been none stop worrying about other thins (not as much as this) over the past three weeks as well as eating a lot of junk food, so maybe that explains the loose stools. But there's also the slight fishy smell too that's been there for the past 3 weeks that I don't understand..

I get a lot of blood and I have crohn's and IBS but the cause is small piles and they can bleed a lot!

Drink more water, eat better and see how it goes and if you are worried see your doctor.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

POSITIVE UPDATE!

I went to toilet and basically the hemmheroid popped out and it was as sore as hell and it felt like something was trying to bulge out. My anus feels swollen and sore which'll explain why not much comes out when I pass. There was fresh blood when I wiped

Does this explain the massive amount of blood from 3 weeks ago? Can they last 3 weeks? Can they like calm down and then flare up again?

IM SO HAPPY

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

Wait just cause it felt swollen and very sore around my anus does that DEFINITELY 100% mean a hemherroid? Or just a sore butt h*ole[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    does that DEFINITELY 100% mean a hemherroid? Or just a sore butt h*ole
    Both! Get yourself some OTC hemmie remedy to help put out the fire.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Have I got rectal cancer?

Hi,

I'm 17 and male

You may have seen my post from before..

Basically three weeks ago or so on July 20th I passed a hard stool and when I wiped, the paper was covered in bright red blood. The bleeding continued for a couple of hours after that on and off (dripping in the toilet bowl too) and then stopped for 3 weeks.

I've also noticed a bit of mucus in my stool from time to time.

My stools have sometimes been looser too and a bit thinner but I think this is because of my worrying (which I've heard can cause narrower stools) and a very poor diet of mostly junk food

Well the bleeding stopped but then last night, 3 weeks from the first time it happened, I noticed a tiny trace of red blood again

Then later on that day after I went to toilet again I felt a slight throbbing in my anus and that soon went

Later that night I went to toilet again and this time my anus was sore and I felt around that area and it felt like there was a lump or something slightly sticking out. It went back in when I stood up.

I'd think it was piles but the unusual thing is that internal piles aren't supposed to hurt but when I felt this lump, it felt sort of sore and a little swollen. Why did it feel sore if internal piles are supposed to be painless? My anus was also very itchy

So that leads me to think, what if it's not piles and what I felt was a tumour, since it hurt?

Or is it normal for them to feel tender to the touch when they stick out?

In my most desperate moments (disgusting I know but don't judge me) I have put some stool on toilet paper and had a look at it and there was no blood mixed in it at all. It was also light brown.

The first time I noticed blood, I wiped and it was just on the tissue and not in the stool from what I could see. But what if that was the tumour bleeding? If it's near the anus then the blood wouldn't mix in with the stool because it's not in the colon

I'm just really really worried and I know everyone will say I'm too young to have cancer down there but it can happen

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

For the past few weeks my stools have been irregular too, like sometimes they'll be runny and sometimes I'll be constipated. But I do have an EXTREMELY bad diet consisting mainly of like pizza and junk food

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Very Very unlikely at your age, it all boils down to bad diet and constipation, drink masses of water and plenty of fruit,
    You could always have a quick word with your DR to put your mind at rest, but don't worry about it,

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    Very Very unlikely at your age, it all boils down to bad diet and constipation, drink masses of water and plenty of fruit,
    You could always have a quick word with your DR to put your mind at rest, but don't worry about it,
    I know it most likely isn't cancer but everything seems to point to it.. I'm gonna eat healthily for a few days and see if there are any changes I think

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Question: if it was anal cancer and there was a tumour, would it stick out of the anus even slightly?

And would anal tumours stop bleeding for 3 weeks and then start again?

It is amazing the effects of constipation will do, however I can only repeat to you the importance of drinking lots of water give it few a days , it should make a difference,
    After that, don't worry to bits, you only need reassurance once!

I just ate something high in fibre and drank loads of water and I managed to go but the stools were rectangular and narrow again.. I'm not sure why this keeps happening but apparently anxiety has something to do with it because it makes your colon tense or something. Ages ago when I was worrying about colon cancer I'd have thin stools too and I think that was because of worrying about it

Page 2 of 290 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information