Page 211 of 290 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

ONE REASSURING THING

I found a photo of me from March 29 this year, taken in a very similar lighting, and you can actually see the same sort of yellow on my face. If I turn the brightness down it becomes even more clear. So RATIONALLY it can't be metastatic CRC cancer because I'd be extremely ill 4 months without treatment

I don't want to say "Okay! Sorted now haha" because I'm now scared that actually I didn't have yellow in the March 29th picture, although I clearly do, I just don't want to push my luck with the universe

But I'm still really nervous... why have I got jaundice? It could be something to do with the amount of fatty foods I eat, that can cause liver problems, but I just don't know- with the bleeding etc it just seems more likely to be related with cancer

Boil water, let it cool. Add freshly sliced lemons. Superb for liver. Sounds like fatty liver due to your diet and lifestyle. Log off, spend time in nature, speak to real people not forum IDs. Eat better. Drop the excuses. You're a grown up. Don't keep asking about cancer on here we have no way of knowing. I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    Boil water, let it cool. Add freshly sliced lemons. Superb for liver. Sounds like fatty liver due to your diet and lifestyle. Log off, spend time in nature, speak to real people not forum IDs. Eat better. Drop the excuses. You're a grown up. Don't keep asking about cancer on here we have no way of knowing. I wish you well.
    Do you think it is fatty liver? I wish I was stronger, believe me this is hell for me, you’re right that I need to sort my life out but I don’t know where to start, every time I try something bad happens that sets me 10 steps back

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 04:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Do you think it is fatty liver?
    No. Let a GP decide it but given this isn't the first time you've even raised this, and you've been seen by doctors since, I'll be guessing it's not there.

Your post 29/10/2018:

OMG I'm freaking out.

I read that symptoms of metasisised colon cancer than spreads to the liver can be jaundice.

Well I'm pretty sure I have jaundice.

These spots are on my chest and have been for a while now. And I seem to be getting more and more:
    https://i.imgur.com/fylupRz.jpg

And I checked the whites of my eyes and they seem to be tinted yellow around the very outsides.

Could this really be it?

---------- Post added at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

I just went for a number 2 and it was diarrhoea, no surprise.

I was extremely sore when I went and I went a little on some toilet paper and not much cake out but the bit that did clearly had darker blood on it. But it was like under the stool, which was covering it. It wasn’t bright red. I wiped and there were traces of blood on the paper, so I was definitely bleeding which I knew cause I was sore, but what if I was bleeding from a cut AS WELL as a tumour which is dripping blood or something?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/jaundice/

Does it look like that?...without shining an artificial light into you eye to create this?

Consider the impact on your body of poor diet and tons of stress. I can remember my big brother having yellowing from drinking tons with his mates in his younger years and working tons of overtime. Some time off and he was fine again. Sometimes your skin just gets shitty as do other areas of the body.

Consider your mistakes here:

1. Googling looking for links to scary things.
    2. Reassurance seeking on here to the length of 3 threads.
    3. Taking photographs and making comparisons. Asking others to look at photographs which we don't need to do.
    4. Not trying to help yourself.

You are back home into the old patterns. Like has been said, fill your time in so you don't just sit there thinking about something to worry about. Regardless of whether it helps or not it's better than sitting on a computer seeking reassurance and Googling stuff that isn't even relevant to you.

Anxiety recovery is back & forth. If you set unreasonable expectations of just getting better you are going to fail. You try something, keep trying, change strategy and keep going. You have to learn to accept your anxiety will fight back trying to preserve itself and that means having bad periods. We have to accept that means things like this will happen and you will revert back to unhealthy behaviours and therefore can only try to steer you back on track.

So what are you going to do instead of 1-4 above? Are you going to get out, get busy and maybe do some self help? Are you even going to read some self help or tell us again you need to be diagnosed with things before you can make a start?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    No. Let a GP decide it but given this isn't the first time you've even raised this, and you've been seen by doctors since, I'll be guessing it's not there.

Your post 29/10/2018:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/jaundice/

Does it look like that?...without shining an artificial light into you eye to create this?

Consider the impact on your body of poor diet and tons of stress. I can remember my big brother having yellowing from drinking tons with his mates in his younger years and working tons of overtime. Some time off and he was fine again. Sometimes your skin just gets shitty as do other areas of the body.

Consider your mistakes here:

1. Googling looking for links to scary things.
    2. Reassurance seeking on here to the length of 3 threads.
    3. Taking photographs and making comparisons. Asking others to look at photographs which we don't need to do.
    4. Not trying to help yourself.

You are back home into the old patterns. Like has been said, fill your time in so you don't just sit there thinking about something to worry about. Regardless of whether it helps or not it's better than sitting on a computer seeking reassurance and Googling stuff that isn't even relevant to you.

Anxiety recovery is back & forth. If you set unreasonable expectations of just getting better you are going to fail. You try something, keep trying, change strategy and keep going. You have to learn to accept your anxiety will fight back trying to preserve itself and that means having bad periods. We have to accept that means things like this will happen and you will revert back to unhealthy behaviours and therefore can only try to steer you back on track.

So what are you going to do instead of 1-4 above? Are you going to get out, get busy and maybe do some self help? Are you even going to read some self help or tell us again you need to be diagnosed with things before you can make a start?
    Thanks for the reply, I've only just seen this

I was just confused because no site specifically stated if the jaundice had to be as extreme as clearly yellow skin or just mildly yellow skin

I think I'm getting over the jaundice thing now anyway after I saw in some old photos from March that various areas of skin on my face was slightly yellow when I enhanced it just like it is now, and I wouldn't be here if I left metastasized cancer for 4 months

Oh yeah I remember you told me about your brother. Well a bad diet would make sense given what and how much I eat... I'm definitely changing that though.. tonight I had homemade chicken curry for dinner with lots of veg in it, some of which I found disgusting but ate anyway. And I only ate a few biscuits instead of the whole packet like I usually do, often out of boredom

I have no interest in going out, going out just makes me feel down even without this worry- I have social anxiety and I'm scared of seeing people I might know from when I went to school and I'm scared of them potentially making fun of me, although I was never really bullied, they might be like "OMG it's Toby" and I might look like a wreck and they might all start making jokes and it would just be awkward in general

But there's nothing for me to do outside. I don't really have many people to meet, and I hate meeting friends because it's just a lot of hassle. I'm just an indoors kind of person

I recognize now that saying that I'll wait for a diagnosis before doing anything is dumb.. I just wish I had a completely clean bill of health so I could get started on it while being 100% motivated to improve with nothing holding me back. But that won't happen so I'll have to do something... I've been having my therapy appointments over the phone but I'm not sure anything is working with me, it just feels like having a casual conversation with someone about my problems rather than anything actually helpful

I suppose I'll make a start with trying my HARDEST not to google even when things get scary and not checking in the toilet which I've slipped up on a few times. That's a start right?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    My son has fatty liver, he's around the same age as you. He doesn't have jaundice.

I just saw your pics. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that you have jaundice?
    Oh doesn't he? I know it doesn't affect everyone with it but for me if it's not caused by cancer then fatty liver is probably the next on the list

Do you not think it looks like jaundice? It's probably not the best picture

My armpits are also slightly yellow I noticed with the flash...

UPDATE... I just checked in natural morning daylight and the yellow is actually slightly noticeable without the flash..

I'm going to the doctors today anyway so I'll update on whatever they say

Do you see now why a colonoscopy won't help you in the least? There'll always be something out there to be afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Do you see now why a colonoscopy won't help you in the least? There'll always be something out there to be afraid of.
    This links to bowel cancer though because I'm scared of the chance of it being metastatic spread to my liver

I see what you mean though maybe I'd worry about liver cancer if it wasn't bowel cancer

But surely yellowing skin is pretty concerning.. concerning things just keep happening to me: blood, jaundice, weird blood test results

Why is it all happening to me?

Page 211 of 290 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast

Thread Information