Page 218 of 290 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Good news..

I went again and this time there were small red specks inside the stool that I was initially worried about because I don't remember eating anything red

But the main thing is, I wiped and there was some clear mucus with a tiny bit of blood in it, a little on the darker side of bright red but likely because it was like an hour old from last time I went to the toilet!
    This is good news because it means the blood was likely coming from my rectum after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Checking gives me more insight as to what the problem could be,
    ...and is a compulsion that only reinforces the validity of a fear. There is a difference between observation for health reasons and checking like you are doing. Learn the difference and work on eliminating the unhealthy behaviours as your therapist will tell you or this will only continue. For instance, look and then walk away. Don't spend time assessing it or dissecting it. Ideally just walk away but there is nothing wrong with looking in a toilet, which most people probably just do anyway (I've always done it whilst not being in the least bothered and it's something blokes just do to my knowledge), but you don't look and start thinking about what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    ...and is a compulsion that only reinforces the validity of a fear. There is a difference between observation for health reasons and checking like you are doing. Learn the difference and work on eliminating the unhealthy behaviours as your therapist will tell you or this will only continue. For instance, look and then walk away. Don't spend time assessing it or dissecting it. Ideally just walk away but there is nothing wrong with looking in a toilet, which most people probably just do anyway (I've always done it whilst not being in the least bothered and it's something blokes just do to my knowledge), but you don't look and start thinking about what is there.
    I get what you're saying but right now I feel like I'm just sitting here and my condition is getting worse and I TRULY believe I have a serious bowel disease. It's really no fun at all, each day is torment. I want to do something about it, and checking makes me feel less hopeless and less stuck in flux

I will continue to eliminate compulsions but I can cope with checking because I feel like I don't have to google anymore afterwards. I think not Googling is a MASSIVE step forward for me. Like HUGE. Because that used to be my main trigger, reading stories about people with C/RC. Now if I feel that urge I either remain strong and tell myself no, or read threads posted by other people who were in similar shoes to me but actually, it turned out to be nothing serious

For now, there is nothing wrong with eliminating in an order. But later you will have to address the crutch you are creating, this compulsion, or you will remain traoped by this thinking.

If it can work as a lesser replacement compulsion then that's better than doing something worse. Try to apply the CBT reframing or acceptance with it because you want to be standing there telling yourself it's all fine or not standing there telling yourself what you see means cancer.

Later come back to this checking behaviour and work on replacing it with something else. Checking is not healthy, Adaptive Strategies are. Look them up, they work on changing what you are doing to something considered normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    For now, there is nothing wrong with eliminating in an order. But later you will have to address the crutch you are creating, this compulsion, or you will remain traoped by this thinking.

If it can work as a lesser replacement compulsion then that's better than doing something worse. Try to apply the CBT reframing or acceptance with it because you want to be standing there telling yourself it's all fine or not standing there telling yourself what you see means cancer.

Later come back to this checking behaviour and work on replacing it with something else. Checking is not healthy, Adaptive Strategies are. Look them up, they work on changing what you are doing to something considered normal.
    Yeah, right now I feel like going cold turkey Googling symptoms is enough just for the moment. One step at a time.

Obviously I will get to eliminating checking what's in the toilet and examining it for blood etc, but I can't do that until I have a satisfying answer at what's going on because there are too many flaws in what doctors are telling me

So why not go back to the GP and tell him/her that you don't believe what you are being told and you still believe you have cancer? Rather than documenting your symptoms on here and asking for people's opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So why not go back to the GP and tell him/her that you don't believe what you are being told and you still believe you have cancer? Rather than documenting your symptoms on here and asking for people's opinions?
    Yes, this. Simple.

I think the not googling is a great step forward toby. Also, i still look after ive been to the toilet but thats it, i look. I dont stand there studying it, shining my phone to get a better look like i did before

Our opinions aren't going to be changing Toby, you can ask and ask and document (as Pulisa said) - but our replies about the symptoms will be no different. Well done on the googling, why not use that time that you would have been on the pc googling to do something else on the computer - join MTURK or something and make a few dollars?

I just looked way back, the first 3-5 pages of this thread summarise everything thats followed. Poor diet, poor sleep patterns, too much screen time, little mention of exercise or hobbies, friends, not listening to your gp or anyone on here. What good does all this do you? I say this as a parent and former HA sufferer. At some point you have to take charge, our opinions mean zero. If this forum stops what then? Would you ask real people the same thing hundreds of times? No. It wouldn't be tolerated. Do the basics for a few weeks, don't post, see how things improve. This isn't real life. Have a good weekend and best of luck with everything👍

Page 218 of 290 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast

Thread Information