Page 219 of 290 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I have health anxiety.

but if you have got rectal cancer, you be very ill by now.

Really well done on the googling Toby. That's a big achievement.

One step at a time, but I agree that at some point you'll need to stop all the checking. As a fellow checker I know how difficult it seems. The things I check are different but the principle is the same. I really liked what Terry said about giving the fears validity.

My CBT therapist has often told me that one of the problems with checking is that in the process, you make things worse. I've smashed my way through door locks checking they're locked, so that they're no longer functional. In your case, you could easily cause yourself an injury sticking things up there, making yourself bleed, and further fuelling the situation. Does that make sense?

I know you're not yet feeling able to stop it, and I know you think it helps you. It doesn't, although given how well you've done with not googling, I hope you'll be able to conquer it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So why not go back to the GP and tell him/her that you don't believe what you are being told and you still believe you have cancer? Rather than documenting your symptoms on here and asking for people's opinions?
    I have tried, multiple times, but nothing is getting me anywhere

Ask to have it put on your records that you believe the doctors are wrong and that you know you have colorectal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
    I think the not googling is a great step forward toby. Also, i still look after ive been to the toilet but thats it, i look. I dont stand there studying it, shining my phone to get a better look like i did before
    Thanks, googling was my main problem and I've almost completely eliminated it now.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Ask to have it put on your records that you believe the doctors are wrong and that you know you have colorectal cancer.
    I don't know it but I don't believe that my symptoms match up with just hemorrhoids

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Our opinions aren't going to be changing Toby, you can ask and ask and document (as Pulisa said) - but our replies about the symptoms will be no different. Well done on the googling, why not use that time that you would have been on the pc googling to do something else on the computer - join MTURK or something and make a few dollars?
    Every time I come on here after a new incident I think, this'll be the time that they realise something is wrong, but no one ever does. Same before I go to the doctors

I enjoy being on my laptop, don't get me wrong, just not Googling bowel cancer stories

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    I just looked way back, the first 3-5 pages of this thread summarise everything thats followed. Poor diet, poor sleep patterns, too much screen time, little mention of exercise or hobbies, friends, not listening to your gp or anyone on here. What good does all this do you? I say this as a parent and former HA sufferer. At some point you have to take charge, our opinions mean zero. If this forum stops what then? Would you ask real people the same thing hundreds of times? No. It wouldn't be tolerated. Do the basics for a few weeks, don't post, see how things improve. This isn't real life. Have a good weekend and best of luck with everything
    Thank you, I hope you have had a good weekend too

I don't come on here a lot anyway, just like- once every couple of days. At the most it'll probably be a quick visit every now and then but it doesn't consume an unhealthy amount of my time unless something huge happens.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    I have health anxiety.

but if you have got rectal cancer, you be very ill by now.
    I don't mean to be that annoying HA sufferer but I read cases of people who had symptoms for a few years before getting diagnosed. But I have, admittedly learned to question if those symptoms experienced like years before diagnosis were symptoms of bowel cancer or just normal everyday symptoms and it was just a coincidence that they were experiencing them while they had cancer

You can just never know

Anyway, you're probably right. I wish I could get that to sink in though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Really well done on the googling Toby. That's a big achievement.

One step at a time, but I agree that at some point you'll need to stop all the checking. As a fellow checker I know how difficult it seems. The things I check are different but the principle is the same. I really liked what Terry said about giving the fears validity.

My CBT therapist has often told me that one of the problems with checking is that in the process, you make things worse. I've smashed my way through door locks checking they're locked, so that they're no longer functional. In your case, you could easily cause yourself an injury sticking things up there, making yourself bleed, and further fuelling the situation. Does that make sense?

I know you're not yet feeling able to stop it, and I know you think it helps you. It doesn't, although given how well you've done with not googling, I hope you'll be able to conquer it in the end.
    Thank you

I will stop looking at some point. But also every time I look to see if there is blood, I hope that I'll see something that will validate the hemorrhoid theory more and more

I have therapy tomorrow anyway, I think my therapist will be pleased that I followed her advice to the "e" and didn't google, that has saved me a lot of stress this week

Page 219 of 290 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast

Thread Information