Page 228 of 290 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

A-levels and soft skills aren't an either-or thing, either. There'll be plenty of people out there with both.

As for office work, a lot of these positions are now being filled by modern apprentices. It's a really great scheme where young people gain experience and qualifications at the same time - they get qualifications and a smallish wage, and gain the skills they need to make adult life easier. Because the financial outlay is relatively low, it's an incentive for employers to take a chance on people and train them properly rather than expecting them to hit the ground running.

I've just had a pretty bad spell of anxiety unfortunately involving googling

I can't deal with the speculation any longer, I think I'm going to take some money out of my savings to pay for a flexible sigmoidoscopy

And then I can get on with my life if it's clear

I'll be going behind my parents back but it'll be 100% worth it, unimaginably so, if everything is clear

I have read all of these replies btw, I just don't know what else to say about the job, I see where everyone is coming from, maybe once this worry is over I'll be motivated enough to get one but right now I'm excited at the idea of hopefully being told that I don't have bowel cancer (with evidence)

I'm going for a face to face appointment with my therapist too pretty soon, maybe that'll be more effective than over the phone therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post

I can't deal with the speculation any longer, I think I'm going to take some money out of my savings to pay for a flexible sigmoidoscopy

And then I can get on with my life if it's clear
    Absoultely no point whatsoever because then you will want a full colonoscopy.

You an get on with your life now !!!!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Absoultely no point whatsoever because then you will want a full colonoscopy.

You an get on with your life now !!!!
    Nope, whatever it is would definitely be found by a flexible sigmoidoscopy, if it's anything

Any bleeding further up from the reaches of a flexible sigmoidoscopy would mix with the stool and that's not what I'm experiencing

Sorry but I do not agree with you - you will definitely want a colonoscopy.

If you want to waste your savings on one though then go ahead it is your money.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Blood in stool!

I agree with NMP. You won’t be happy with the results because you will still get symptoms.

Before spending the money why don’t you try and treat the piles.

I definitely wouldn't want a colonoscopy because whatever it is is in the last portion of the bowel

What triggered this was reading that someone was told that they have a small pile but everyone has small piles anyway... and I was told by the consultant that I had a small pile

I would treat the supposed hemorrhoids but there's a risk that the bleeding won't stop despite treatment and I'll have a breakdown

Are you an expert now then?

You are having a breakdown anyway and won't do anything to treat it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You are having a breakdown anyway and won't do anything to treat it.
    Toby, you're ignoring advice from so many people with so much life experience. At what point are you going to admit that the bleeding isn't the problem?

At this stage I'd say go ahead and book your flexible sigmoidoscopy with your own funds. You know best.

Let us know when you have a date.

Page 228 of 290 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast

Thread Information