Page 234 of 290 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

The lymph nodes can swell due to them dealing we bacteria that has been released. If your teeth had a lot of work done then it might be the reason and jaw lymph nodes tend to pick it up and swell. For me, something that pops up near to an event is likely linked e.g. you have a cold and lymph nodes swell. They will sort themselves out. As for your question about cancer I would refer you back to everything that has been discussed and ask you what you think. I would also remind you of your therapist encouraging you to stop Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Toby, here's a thought for you.You've seen a lot of doctors, all of whom trained for years and know their stuff.Last night I landed up having an emergency phone consultation I really, really didn't want. I didn't want further medical attention, either. However, because there's just the shadow of a doubt that I potentially have something slightly nasty, I was told in no uncertain terms to see my GP first thing Monday. None of the people you've seen would have missed the warning signs for something like bowel cancer, especially given how hypervigilant you are about it yourself.
    I hope you are ok, Blue

I am, Terry, it's suspected Lyme disease, I'm just a wuss about the doctor and a bit miffed that the panic attacks are back.

Toby, here's a thought for you.

You've seen a lot of doctors, all of whom trained for years and know their stuff.

Last night I landed up having an emergency phone consultation I really, really didn't want. I didn't want further medical attention, either. However, because there's just the shadow of a doubt that I potentially have something slightly nasty, I was told in no uncertain terms to see my GP first thing Monday.

None of the people you've seen would have missed the warning signs for something like bowel cancer, especially given how hypervigilant you are about it yourself.
    I hope you're okay, like Terry says

I know deep down they wouldn't.. really I've had a week of feeling better, not great but better, it's usually when something new pops up that I'm suddenly triggered again

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The lymph nodes can swell due to them dealing we bacteria that has been released. If your teeth had a lot of work done then it might be the reason and jaw lymph nodes tend to pick it up and swell. For me, something that pops up near to an event is likely linked e.g. you have a cold and lymph nodes swell. They will sort themselves out. As for your question about cancer I would refer you back to everything that has been discussed and ask you what you think. I would also remind you of your therapist encouraging you to stop Googling.
    Yeah, or they can swell due to an excessive amount of deodorant, which I think caused the last one but I've stopped putting so much on since then

Could it be sweat in general causing it?

And I immediately thought maybe it's mild gum problems but then I read that it would probably be my jaw lymph nodes that would be swollen

I read that if it's only like less than an inch and slightly raised and tender which I think mine is, then it's a virus or something mild that your body is fighting successfully

But you know, HA and that

I am, Terry, it's suspected Lyme disease, I'm just a wuss about the doctor and a bit miffed that the panic attacks are back.
    Not my conversation but sorry to hear that Blue.. I'm sure things will be fine

I went to my GP today to get more sertraline, the dosage of which has been upped to 150mg now, and he also checked that mole I was worried about and he said it's not melanoma but it looks like I'd scratched at it, which I had done

You know what doctors are like for ruling out. And we've had tons of threads about that on here yet they never seem to lead to a diagnosis so perhaps there are a lot of crossover symptoms with anxiety? I would fill up your weekend with stuff and not give yourself time to worry about it if you can. Out of hours services do a lot of bum covering with not being face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Yeah, or they can swell due to an excessive amount of deodorant, which I think caused the last one but I've stopped putting so much on since thenCould it be sweat in general causing it? And I immediately thought maybe it's mild gum problems but then I read that it would probably be my jaw lymph nodes that would be swollenI read that if it's only like less than an inch and slightly raised and tender which I think mine is, then it's a virus or something mild that your body is fighting successfullyBut you know, HA and that
    Yep, HA. Triggers. Stuff travels around the body and sometimes gets picked up elsewhere anyway. Stuff is just backed up in that place and the body will work on getting things back to normal. Lumps & bumps come and go throughout life and only in places like this do people react with worry about nasty things. Keep working on reducing how you react so that your subconscious learns not to send all these uncomfortable symptoms when a potential trigger crops up.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yep, HA. Triggers. Stuff travels around the body and sometimes gets picked up elsewhere anyway. Stuff is just backed up in that place and the body will work on getting things back to normal. Lumps & bumps come and go throughout life and only in places like this do people react with worry about nasty things. Keep working on reducing how you react so that your subconscious learns not to send all these uncomfortable symptoms when a potential trigger crops up.
    You were right, it's gone down now..

Can my body stop? It's playing tricks on me now, I'm sure of it

Page 234 of 290 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast

Thread Information