Page 243 of 290 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I doubt laxatives are going to make an upset stomach better so it's possible they've added to it. But the point is this is a minor ailment issue. Now practice what you have learned, and been told in therapy, to reduce how you are reacting negatively.
    It's like during a test, you often forget what you've learned

Ahhhh well. I'm sure I'll still be here in a week with the same symptoms deeper down the rabbit hole

That choice is completely yours.

The best way to retain material you've learned is by making a deliberate effort to recall it at regular intervals.

Ahhhh well. I'm sure I'll still be here in a week with the same symptoms deeper down the rabbit hole

And there`s the rub, you`re sure because you`ve no intention of putting the work in to get better. It`s all well and good to get everyones opinion, ask total amateurs about medication and therapy, then do whatever you like in the end

You can get out of this situation, but it`s hard and requires constant, regular steady applied effort.

anyway, nothing you haven`t heard before and ignored so all the best old bean, I do mean that but I have zero confidence that you actually want to be better. your identity and life is expressed through your outpourings on here, it`s your blog not anything resembling someone trying to get better, so I wish you well but I`m unable to help other than to say recovery is totally possible.

That's because I'm not convinced that this is something ordinary, my mind is conditioned to assume the worst, self-help practices for me are a waste of time because it feels like false hope for me. I know people don't like me saying this but it's true and just the way I feel about it

I've completed the therapy but where do I start right now if I'm still seeing blood every so often and I'm starting to experience other symptoms of CC

I don't mean "I'll still be here in a week" like I'm trying to be funny, I mean I bet the symptoms will still be here in a week

You will get blood as I have told you hundreds of times. I still get it. I never think cancer because I have been told to I will get it and I accept that.
    Sometimes I just go to the loo and think "oh blood again" and never give it a second thought - your mind works in overtime.

What therapy did you complete?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You will get blood as I have told you hundreds of times. I still get it. I never think cancer because I have been told to I will get it and I accept that.
    Sometimes I just go to the loo and think "oh blood again" and never give it a second thought - your mind works in overtime.

What therapy did you complete?
    Yep but you have a cause for it, piles and IBD like you've said. Right now I don't have a cause. If I had a colonoscopy (which I know is unrealistic) and they found nothing at all wrong, I'd be FINE with the blood, like more than happy. Or even if they found IBD I'd have to deal with that. But I still don't have a confirmed cause, besides the hemorrhoid which isn't a guaranteed cause

I completed the Insight Healthcare/CBT therapy back in September. That did help me Google less and now I barely do it at all, besides on the odd occasion which was pretty big for me.

See, right now, and I'm sure I'll have doubts after posting, the stomach ache isn't even there.

I'm sure it'll return shortly but right this second it isn't there

I thought you were told you had piles?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You keep saying you completed the CBT course and it's failed. But just because you completed it doesn't mean it should cure you. The whole point of the therapy is the help you manage your anxiety by teaching you the skills and techniques to try and reduce your worries and see them. You must practice these frequently in order for them to be worthwhile. I'm betting you've barely done any of the techniques you were taught in the classes since it finished - preferring to spend more time online and inspecting your toilet bowl.

Look back at your work you've done with your therapist. The trigger sheets, the logical thinking etc. Refresh your brain and put them back into practise. It's hard to be cured of severe anxiety, but it's certainly able to be managed when using the correct mindfullness techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I thought you were told you had piles?
    I was told I had one that was slightly enlarged but the left side of my colon hasn't been fully inspected so no one can say for sure if that's the cause of the blood

Page 243 of 290 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast

Thread Information