Page 248 of 290 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Did you read my last reply Toby ?

People don't come to warn people. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Superstition is a real bind, and it took me many a year to cast it away from my thought processes. It is as Dommy says above, a reflection of your current state of mind about your fears. Dreams are not from outside your own brain, nobody can 'send messages', nobody talks to you and they don't mean that there are some spookkkyyyy waves bouncing around sending you prophecies and warnings. If you think rationally about this, there are obvious reasons why you would be thinking about bowel cancer and your Grandad, even if not highly consciously they are certainly background issues that have preoccupied you over this last year. Those two muddled (because this is sleep and strange things get bundled together at this time) set of thoughts get chucked together into a type of 'story' by your subconscious whilst you dream. Thats it.

Toby, really, don't go down this route of giving time to things like this. It will do you no good, before you know it you will be paranoid about all sorts of things. Clearly you are googling spiritualism, and that isn't great for someone with anxiety lol Apologies if there are any spiritualists reading this, they are of course entitled to their beliefs, but I believe in science and facts and what has been tested and proved.
    Thanks Carys

Well that's correct. I was thinking about my Granddad the day before I had the dream, only for like a total of a minute. Once in the day when he was brought up briefly in conversation and later at night when I was about to go to sleep, it was pretty dark, and I always think like "What if I see a ghost?" and by "a ghost" I mean family members, and he and my other Granddad are the only dead ones in the family

But I don't remember thinking about bowel cancer the day before

I know, one half of me thinks what spiritualists think is BS but the other half thinks there's some truth to it.

Last year there was like a random toy from when I was younger that I had shoved in my wardrobe and it started making noises randomly after not being used for ages. I thought this was my Granddad using the toy as a method of communicating with me telling me that I had cancer. I see signs everywhere pretty much, but this possible "sign" in question is much more obvious, if it is a sign at all

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Did you read my last reply Toby ?

People don't come to warn people. Period.
    Yes, sorry, I was typing the dialogue post when you sent your reply

Should I ask my Grandma if he had cancer?

I just asked my dad, his son, if he knew anything about it

My Grandma is a very loving, caring person and she knows a little bit about how I'm worried about bowel cancer- if she knew that my Granddad had it, she would have mentioned that it was in the family surely?

She used to be a nurse, too. She would know about hereditary cancers

Oh great...

The encounter with a deceased relative has a precise meaning. It can be a warning, a news or a very important information for the person who dreams.

If we have a seriously ill person in the family and a deceased relative speaks to us, the received message needs to be carefully considered as the spirit of a deceased person comes to convey a message.
    I know it's probably dumb but this is scary

TMI

And I just went to the toilet and checked and there was some bright red blood on the stool when I let it fall on to the paper

It was obviously a fissure because they were small and hard to pass, when I wiped there was some very vague faded redness. Like just a very very slight hint of red on the paper, which is how I know the source of the blood was so close to the exit

But WHY have I not seen this vague redness on the paper all the other times that I've had small amounts of blood on the stool?

Except for the time like 17 months ago when I bled on to the paper, the time when I overate-held the stool in-went to toilet-wiped there were small bits of blood mixed in with the remnants that I was wiping, and the time when I went like 7 times in one night, kept straining and the side of the looser stool was marked with blood and there was mixed in blood when I wiped too

^^ They are the only times when I've seen blood on the paper

How has it not happened before if I'm to believe that the source of the bleeding is close to the exit- i.e. a hemherroid or fissure?
    Last edited by Toby2000; 18-11-19 at 03:21.

Four hours of overthinking and worrying and I'm back in the cancer loop :(

I know it's probably dumb but this is scary
    No its really not. Its dumb lol

I know you've brought up before about the toy making a noise suddenly and other superstitious things, but they really are damaging to you to give any time to thinking about spiritualist theories. I'd advise starting fostering this side of you that say this is BS. The human brain, when it doesn't understand something because it is random or unusual or co-incidental, tries to assign meaning. Rather than going for the bizzarre and paranoid meaning why not just try saying - 'co-incidences happen', 'things happen for reasons I don't understand' or 'anything could have started that toy, the heat and humidity rose, the floor beneath it gave a slight wobble etc'. Its liberating to be able to be able to cast aside these superstitious paranoias, it reduces stress SO much.

Carys, what a great reply!

I'd count myself as a humanist, and Toby, I think there are so many normal explanations for this it's not worth worrying about the paranormal.

this time next year it will be nearly 2 1/2 years since this issue started, so the longer it goes on (and you are well) the less likely you will think this is a cancer. My mother had an obsession with stomach cancer when she was in her early 30's (I was a young child). After about 5 years (of driving us crazy about having cancer) she came to the conclusion that it was just 'stomach trouble' otherwise she'd be dead. Raving on like she did in front of a young child (me) was not a healthy thing to do, but it got her some attention.

She died last year (of old age), she was 91.

Page 248 of 290 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast

Thread Information