Page 252 of 290 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Also I literally can't help the constipation. I take supplements that are supposed to make things more regular etc. but I was still constipated. I drink plenty of water and have started to eat proper meals.

Quick to judge? 252 pages on this thread alone, I'm hardly leaping to conclusions am I?
    I'm out the other side of all this so be offended by my words if you will, but at least see the intent behind them.
    Drop the attitude and learn from peoples mistakes, mine included.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Also I literally can't help the constipation. I take supplements that are supposed to make things more regular etc. but I was still constipated. I drink plenty of water and have started to eat proper meals.
    Constipation is caused by anxiety too. It’s great that you are trying to eat better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Constipation is caused by anxiety too. It’s great that you are trying to eat better though.
    And adding a supplement when it's the diet that needs sorting isn't good either. Do both or just sort a good diet. Otherwise you are just papering over the cracks.

I bought the supplements because I've never been keen on veg or anything

I can understand why I'm constipated and have harder to pass motions so often, because I virtually never eat fruit/veg

But the supplements I take are supposed to act as a bulking agent so I'm confused

Toby on your other thread you mentioned buying Imodium, can I ask why?

Also have you tried the treatment that you have been given for your piles?

Bruce, I think you're one of the few here who is offering great, solid advice. But unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be taken. I respect you for trying to share your experiences and tips for getting out of the spiral. Having been down that route very badly myself, and now on the other side, I empathise with how you want to help. But sometimes, there's no point unless it's its a case of willing buyer, willing seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Toby on your other thread you mentioned buying Imodium, can I ask why?
    I wondered this too. In my experience, Imodium is quite strong and I'd only use sparingly and only if really needed.

Ive just seen that you don't eat fruit or veg I'm not sure any supplements are going to replace that, and if you want to keep your bowels healthy, now would be a good time to start. What about smoothies? You can chuck all sorts of things in there and still make it taste good (beware too much sugar/calories). It is not as good as eating whole, unprocessed fruit and veg, but would be better than nothing.
    Last edited by Dying_Swan; 25-11-19 at 12:33.

thank you so much for that Augustinian, half the battle in any of these conditions is to stop trying too hard and taking a step back to reassess matters. Find out what works, what doesn`t, and who`s playing games and who isn`t.
    Thanks for reminding me that sometimes people really don`t want to be helped

Take care and stay well

I took Immodium because I took a laxative the night before, and it didn't work for some reason, so the Immodium was supposed to slow things down and prevent needing to desperately go to toilet whilst I was out with family

My sister had cancer (not bowel. And not hereditary apparently) when she was younger and for some reasons she has bowel problems now, meaning she has diarrhoea. That's how I had access to the Immodium/loperamide; they're supposed to prevent diarrhoea

Bruce, I don't take it kindly that you think I'm playing games. And my point was that you have been in my shoes, yet you still act like you're above me when in reality, you should know what this fear is like, and that it doesn't go away easily, especially when you're still experiencing symptoms which act as setbacks.

Page 252 of 290 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast

Thread Information