Page 273 of 290 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    Did your mom have to take medication for her impacted tooth? Coughing and being ill isn’t uncommon in the winter months, as colds and other viruses run rampant this time of the year! If she’s unwell though I would suggest she see a doctor.
    Yep, a bit got stuck in her gum as they were taking it out though, so she's waiting for a hospital appt. so they can remove it completely

TMI, it feels weird typing/coming back to this but...

I just went to toilet again and a few smaller pellet like stools came out (but they weren't really hard or anything)

on one of them was some mucus with a trace of blood in them

Cause for concern? I can't believe these symptoms are persisting into a third year (2018, 2019, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    TMI, it feels weird typing/coming back to this but...

I just went to toilet again and a few smaller pellet like stools came out (but they weren't really hard or anything)

on one of them was some mucus with a trace of blood in them

Cause for concern? I can't believe these symptoms are persisting into a third year (2018, 2019, 2020)
    Once again ... eat more fibre, drink more water and/or take a stool softener then this won't happen.

And stop staring down the toilet bowl; I promise, there's more interesting things to look at.
    Last edited by BlueIris; 21-01-20 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Once again ... eat more fibre, drink more water and/or take a stool softener then this won't happen.
    Yep.

I'm just coming out of the my Xmas month of eating chocs and crisps ready for my other 11 months of high fibre and very few treats. My toilet habits currently resemble that of the average rabbit...sadly it's the only thing resembling rabbit-like appetites

Once I start back on the porridge, fruit, healthier routines, etc I will be straight back to normal toilet days.

I know I have to stop the looking, but to be fair to myself, this was the first time I'd looked in a few weeks

I'm also scared that me and my siblings may have inherited lynch syndrome which is a genetic condition which means you're very likely to develop cancer in your life... mostly bowel cancer. But because my sister had a tumour (though intermediate) I'm scared that I'm doomed to get/or have some form of cancer.. again bowel is at the top of my list

What made my worry worse was when I did a keyword google search for "neuroblastoma [my sister's cancer- but she had ganglio neruoblastoma]" and "lynch syndrome" and neuroblastoma was mentioned in long paragraphs of medical text about lynch syndrome. So yeah :(

Why did you search when you knew it would probably send you spiralling?

Honestly I don't have an answer to that

(didn't mean this in a rude way, I guess I just caved in to searching it)
    Last edited by Toby2000; 23-01-20 at 07:44.

Not having a go at you, I'm just curious. It's something I've had to ask myself a few times.

I did just go and strained pretty hard and then when I wiped there was bright bright pinky red blood on the paper which I assume is haemorrhoids

But why before have I experienced different colour blood, also on the stool, if it's just been haemorrhoids all along?

I have zero symptoms of bowel cancer besides the blood every so often (and it's less frequent now)

but I'm still really scared? Like why on the stool is the blood usually richer sometimes dark red-ish but not conventional dark blood, but now when it has to have been hemherroids and back when I started the worry in July 2018 and sometimes as I've seen on the stool on one or two occasions, is it bright bright red?

That makes no sense

Page 273 of 290 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast

Thread Information