Page 286 of 290 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Did you get your A level results today, Toby? All credit to you for doing all the tuition yourself.
    Nope I only started doing them last September

Course you did..my mistake. How have you managed with the work this year?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Course you did..my mistake. How have you managed with the work this year?
    It's been a struggle but I've been trying... I have another 2 learning years to complete it. I start again properly early next month

I'm really sad because a family friend's daughter recently got diagnosed with leukemia and obviously the actor Chadwick Boseman passed away yesterday due to bowel cancer at the age of 43. So sad.

I'm not scared about any particular cancer at the moment, but it feels like cancer is looming over us all, and we're all playing Russian roulette with a gun that shoots out cancer diagnoses... not to be pessimistic or anything.

So yeah, I'm feeling a bit down and hopeless today.

Re: Blood in stool!

That’s sad news about your family friend. I hope her prognosis is good.

Horrible news about Chadwick Boseman too.

It’s ok to be sad about people, it doesn’t mean it will happen to you or your loved ones. It just means that it’s sad and that the world is cruel sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

It's been a while.... how is everyone coping?

I've been in particularly low spirits over the past few days and the bowel cancer worry just suddenly came back to me

I've had zero symptoms for a long time, except blood on the toilet paper now and then but I could feel a cut/fissure and it was very sore

However, I never look in the toilet bowel but on the occasions when I have by accident this past year, there hasn't been blood

It's been 884 days since this worry began and over 2 years since I first saw blood striped on the bowel movement

But I have this niggling worry that it's still possible for me to have it

Hi Toby. I’m sorry you’re starting to worry about this again. I still believe that if you were dealing with something serious, you would have had many, many more symptoms than some slight blood here and there when wiping. Especially after 884 days.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Hi Toby. I’m sorry you’re starting to worry about this again. I still believe that if you were dealing with something serious, you would have had many, many more symptoms than some slight blood here and there when wiping. Especially after 884 days.
    Thanks Glass, I'm not overly worried but I feel like I'm 'too happy' at the moment so my anxiety is compensating by bringing this back for me to ruminate on

There hasn't been any weight loss, abdominal pain, fatigue (other than normal tiredness but during the night I'm WIDE AWAKE and can never get myself to sleep, which ends up in me having only 5-6 hours sleep some nights), definitely no loss of appetite and my stools aren't black

I had a rigid sigmoidoscopy on May 10 2019 which examined the rectum and lower end of the sigmoid colon and there was nothing
    Last edited by Toby2000; 20-12-20 at 13:44.

Yeah I truly believe you’re ok, and probably just dealing with the occasional pile or fissure.

For what it’s worth, I have the same problem every now and then. For myself personally, if it’s not happening all the time and I have no other symptoms, I just don’t allow myself to worry about it. I figure there are enough other things happening this year to worry about - I don’t need one more lol.

Just move about your day and focus on other things - you’ve been given the all-clear, try not to worry. And the “too happy so something is bound to go wrong” thinking is pretty common amongst anxiety sufferers. I have that myself! I think I read somewhere it’s “superstitious” thinking or something along those lines.

Well, I started worrying about this again.

I can't be certain but I get the sense that there's a lump or maybe a mass inside my rectum... it feels like there's something there when I strain (when the rectum is empty).

I've had a little blood when wiping over the past year, but nothing major... I think when it does happen, it's caused by wiping too hard, because it's always on the paper in small amounts when it does happen.

I've felt inside to check for any lumps but I don't know what "normal" feels like inside there... what I think is a lump could be normal.

Should I go and get an examination?

Page 286 of 290 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288 ... LastLast

Thread Information