Page 3 of 290 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi has anyone got anything else to add?

I'm really really really panicking right now, I've slept all day due to feeling so low

Is this is a hemorrhoid?

Is this DEFINITELY a hemorrhoid? It's painless and almost feels like the inside of the bowel is sticking out a little and it only happens when I strain

I'm so worried that it's cancer causing these symptoms. I'm under the age of 20

WARNING: PICTURE BELOW IS GRAPHIC

[Removed by admin]

Symptoms:

• A few weeks ago after passing a hard stool, I wiped and there was bright red blood all over the toilet paper - I didn't notice any blood again for three weeks until a couple of nights ago when there was a very slight trace of it on the paper.
    • About a month or so ago I had mucus discharge from my anus
    • Theres a fishy smell coming from my butthole
    • Thinner stools (which I get when I'm worrying) and on and off constipation/diarrhea - but I'm sure this is due to my anxiety problems and VERY poor diet. They're also not consistently thin.
    • I often have an itchy/sore anus

---------- Post added at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 ----------

Or could it be a rectal prolapse? Would that explain the symptoms?
    Last edited by Pipkin; 14-08-18 at 20:18. Reason: Link to photo removed as inappropriate

Re: Is this is a hemorrhoid?

I’m not looking at the picture, sorry. I’m not qualified, plus I’ve just eaten 🤢.

Didn’t you get it checked out? A few weeks ago you were certain it was a pile and now you’re not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to photo removed as members are not medically trained and aren’t able to help you. If you’re worried, please see your GP.

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’m not looking at the picture, sorry. I’m not qualified, plus I’ve just eaten 🤢.

Didn’t you get it checked out? A few weeks ago you were certain it was a pile and now you’re not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Way to be sensitive and helpful about the whole thing

Maybe it'd be a better idea next time just to not comment if it's too much for you

No I didn't get it checked out, I'm way too scared to do that. I was hoping someone with thicker skin could tell me that the thing was definitely a pile and maybe that would put a stop to it all but I guess not

I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I feel a bit skinnier than usual (I worry a lot which could be the reason for losing weight and a couple of weeks ago I did a lot of walking on holiday.. but I also did a lot of eating?) and I feel a very mild sudden ache that comes and goes around my left rib that at times feels like "stitch" and at times just a little annoying. I probably wouldn't notice it if I wasn't worrying but I'm really terrified now.

I also haven't passed any bowel movements for about a day now, I'm feeling pretty constipated but I haven't had any fibre either so maybe that's why. I don't know.

EDIT: I just did pass and it was very very loose but there was no blood and mucus.

I feel suicidal (health anxiety)

I have an EXTREME fear of death and obsess over what life after death is like.. although I consider myself an atheist/agnostic I'm terrified that I'll wake up in hell and will be tortured for all eternity.

And now I may have cancer. I just feel so sad that I want to kill myself so I don't have to go through the sheer terror of being diagnosed with such an awful disease and then even if I am cured, I have to live in fear for the rest of my life of it coming back, knowing that my days could be numbered.

I know it's easy to say "Go to the doctor" but when people tell me to see a doctor it convinces me that they think something is wrong and I have to sit in fear until my appointment. And I have social anxiety and possible Asperger's so it's not always easy to go, especially with something like this.

And even if I do go, I'd be convinced that they just passed it off as piles simply because of my age. What sane doctor would give a 17 year old a colonoscopy? So I'll never be able to find answers

I don't know what to do and I can't find the will to live anymore
    Last edited by Toby2000; 15-08-18 at 00:14.

Re: I feel suicidal (health anxiety)

I think we spoke the other day.

Abdominal pains are normal, and can be from IBS.

Blood can be from IBS, hemorrhoids, or just straining too hard. Bright red is from near the anus, dark red is from upper tract.

Losing weight? Possibly from going to the bathroom a lot? Eating habits changed? Often people with anxiety get so stressed they lose weight from not eating, etc.

Thin stools? Also can be from IBS.

People don't say to go to a doctor because they think u have something, they do it because it can help put your mind at rest.

Re: I feel suicidal (health anxiety)

Quote Originally Posted by BazB44 View Post
    I think we spoke the other day.

Abdominal pains are normal, and can be from IBS.

Blood can be from IBS, hemorrhoids, or just straining too hard. Bright red is from near the anus, dark red is from upper tract.

Losing weight? Possibly from going to the bathroom a lot? Eating habits changed? Often people with anxiety get so stressed they lose weight from not eating, etc.

Thin stools? Also can be from IBS.

People don't say to go to a doctor because they think u have something, they do it because it can help put your mind at rest.
    Yes we did talk and you were really nice and helpful

The blood, I believe, was only on the paper and I don't think I have seen it in my stools (ever) but now my OCD is kicking in I can't be sure. But I'm 99% sure it's only ever been on the paper.

I'm still quite chubby around my belly area, but I'm paranoid that it's weight loss all of a sudden. It could be due to walking a lot on holiday but I also ate a lot on holiday so I don't know.. and I had McDonald's on Sunday, it's really only been the past couple of days that I haven't ate THAT much.

I remember worrying about colon cancer in 2014 and I had thin stools then, but there was no blood that time.. I think it can come from anxiety because it causes your bowel muscles to seize up a bit and narrow the stools a bit. I don't know though.

The thing is, the pain I'm feeling (if it is from cancer) is coming from just under my left rib and if the bright red blood is from near the anus and is only there when I wipe, then if there is a tumour it must be in my anus and not all the way under my rib. Which is weird, so the blood can't be coming from all the way up there meaning the pain can't be a tumour.

I can't be sure though, but see how rational I can get. And then everything falls through and I start worrying again

Page 3 of 290 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information