Page 33 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

You "just found" this, Toby? If you are not going to stop googling then it's pointless asking here for help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You "just found" this, Toby? If you are not going to stop googling then it's pointless asking here for help and advice.
    I'm so sorry I'm just stuck..

I feel so lost and hopeless, there's nothing I can do

What can I even say to my GP?

Tell her that you can't stop thinking that you have colon cancer and you need help to manage your escalating anxiety about dying very young.

GO back to her, tell her you feel you have colon cancer, and tell her your symptoms. Tell her you think you are dying, tell her that you are so wound up that you are endlessly looking it up/posting about it and can't stop thinking about it. Tell her everything you us.

What do you think she'll say?

I just don't want to be sent home with her telling me it's nothing again

Tell them you are worried about IBD and cancer

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just be honest and say that these fears and beliefs have taken over your life and you are scared witless

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    You can be both ANXIOUS and have cancer..
    Yes you can but you aren't posting about anxiety, you are posting telling us that you 100% have cancer...... you aren't asking how you can releive your anxiety, you arent asking anything about the anxiety... you are telling us that you have cancer.

You are asking us for reassurance.... reassurance about what? reassurance that you have cancer?? I don't get it?!?!

99% of people on here look for reassurance that they DON'T have the illness they think they have.... BUT you say you 100% have cancer and you have anxiety...

This is an anxiety forum and not one which can deal with cancer and reassurance about the symptoms of cancer, so maybe you find a site that can if that is what you think you 100% certain you have it?

Why not post about your anxiety and what you can do to help that? because that is what we CAN help you with on NMP

The answer being...... deep down you KNOW that you are being irrational, you KNOW you do not have cancer, you KNOW that it is health anxiety.

What can I even say to my GP?
    You say "Hi, I would like some help with my Health anxiety.... My symptoms keep telling me that I have cancer" and then you go from there.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'm so sorry I'm just stuck..

I feel so lost and hopeless, there's nothing I can do
    Well there is. You can stop Googling.

I'm currently going through a period of health anxiety myself, but I've been doing the courses available on this site and forced myself not to google symptoms. It's hard to start with, but you have to remind yourself that no matter what you search for, because of the way Google aggregates its searches thanks to others who are suffering like us and go online, the more scary stuff will always rise to the top. You could search for something mild like 'itch on arm' and I'd guarantee you'd find a site saying it's a symptoms of something deadly.

As soon as you get the itch to think about googling then get up and do something else.

I've been applying this technique and although I am by no means over my latest health anxiety attack yet, I'm feeling a lot more calmer.

Try to courses on here (force yourself to do them) and I'd also recommend meditation. Download an app for your phone, there's plenty out there, and do a few meditation classes. Once you start focussing on their voice you start to feel a lot more relaxed.

It's tough. But if you spend a tenth of the energy you spend looking for cancer stories on trying to beat your health anxiety, you'll start to feel a lot better.

Have you made steps to improve your diet yet which I have suggested several times now?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 33 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread Information