Page 36 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Junk food + stress = digestive provlems/ piles/ sore bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    ALSO

I haven't mentioned this on here because it's a little embarrassing

But I've noticed for 3 months I've had worms in my stools. Sometimes A LOT of them.

Small white ones.. pinworms
    Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Why on earth didn't you mention this earlier ???
    But it's not embarrassing to mention sniffing your poo or some of the other self examination behaviors you've been doing?

I agree.. Why on earth would you NOT mention this? It seems to me that most here would freak the hell out and rush to the doctor with a sample of them! I know sure as hell if I saw that, I'd be at urgent care right away and I'm not even a sufferer!

Anyway... Just go to the doctor already.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah, this is literally the least embarrasing thing you've talked about Toby LOL

I know (Carys and Fish), but worms are a problem dealt with in small children.. it's embarrassing to bring that up!

Pinworms are extremely common anyway and aren't known to cause huge problems which is why I didn't think it was urgent to mention.

Obviously the... other stuff... is embarrassing too but it's what I have to do (I don't sniff poo by the way!), or what my anxiety makes me do, to see if I have blood etc or whatever.

And no.. I haven't got any itching which I suppose is weird. I thought they could maybe be causing some of the symptoms but I don't see diarrhoea or mucus as a primary symptom of them.. there's something called "dysentery" which I think is caused by bigger intestinal parasites, which is where they cause blood and increased mucus.

And thanks for the reply Phuzella.. I think stress is probably a factor but it's hard to tell cause I sometimes have symptoms when I'm not focusing on my bowels. And my GP ruled piles out unless I have a case of it further in my colon that she couldn't see.. which I'm not entirely sure is possible, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    And my GP ruled piles out unless I have a case of it further in my colon that she couldn't see.. which I'm not entirely sure is possible, but I don't know.
    My GP couldn't feel mine - they can only get a finger in so far

Mine were found on the colonoscopy though and mentioned in the examination report.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    My GP couldn't feel mine - they can only get a finger in so far

Mine were found on the colonoscopy though and mentioned in the examination report.
    She did have like a light and a special mirror thing or something when she examined me.. is it possible to have them deeper in the bowel?

I told you this on PM, they can only go 'so far' in their manual check!

So, this worm thing, are you sure - as surely the GP would have seen them with her torch and mirror ? Mostly though..you'd be itching like crazy.

They are very contagious, as people pick up the eggs and ingest them and voila....they will spread around your family.
    Last edited by Carys; 10-11-18 at 20:36.

I told you this on PM, they can only go 'so far' in their manual check!

So, this worm thing, are you sure - as surely the GP would have seen them with her torch and mirror ? Mostly though..you'd be itching like crazy.

They are very contagious, as people pick up the eggs and ingest them and voila....they will spread around your family.
    Oh I know you did but I was just still confused about it cause I thought it was caused by straining and could only affect the rectum.. oh well if you can get them deeper down then that could explain a lot!

And yes I'm VERY SURE! I've seen them in their masses.. strange I don't have itching though. I'll buy something herbal to get rid of them online.. I've seen some 5 star rated herbal remedy thing on Amazon

And yes I'm VERY SURE! I've seen them in their masses.. strange I don't have itching though. I'll buy something herbal to get rid of them online.. I've seen some 5 star rated herbal remedy thing on Amazon
    You can buy the proper stuff in the pharmacy! Seriously, I honestly can't believe you didn't mention this, and that you aren't concerned.....I've read stuff that says that a mass amount of them and untreated for a long time (i.e. three months) can cause internal mucus and bleeding. I've read things that say it can mimick Chron's disease. If I was to find or see crawling live parasites that were inside me I'd be.......

but worms are a problem dealt with in small children.. it's embarrassing to bring that up!

Ermmm, no , adults get them too...not as many of course, similar to headlice.

You can buy the proper stuff in the pharmacy! Seriously, I honestly can't believe you didn't mention this, and that you aren't concerned.....I've read stuff that says that a mass amount of them and untreated for a long time (i.e. three months) can cause internal mucus and bleeding. I've read things that say it can mimick Chron's disease. If I was to find or see crawling live parasites that were inside me I'd be.......

Ermmm, no , adults get them too...not as many of course, similar to headlice.
    If these worms can actually cause those symptoms then that's probably why I'm experiencing those symptoms.. I don't wanna jump ahead of the gun and say that's definitely it but that would definitely make sense..

sometimes I'll see like 3-4 but then other time's there'll be like 10..

I know it's disgusting though, that's why I didn't mention it before

Page 36 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread Information