Page 4 of 290 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have a stitch like pain towards the bottom of my left rib now when I laugh. Could this be colon cancer?

Black specks in stool?

I just went to toilet and passed a very loose runny stool that was DARK brown and well, out of anxiety, I inspected it. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME. But there were BLACK SPECKS IN THERE???????//

BLACK IS A SIGN OF HIGHER INTESTINAL BLEEDING?

Someone please help me I don't know what to do

Smile Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Question: if it was anal cancer and there was a tumour, would it stick out of the anus even slightly?
    Not sure, but what I am sure of is you don't have anal cancer. No one under the age of 24 has gotten anal cancer in the years 2013-2015. You, being in the group below the 20-24 age group, have literally a 0% chance of having anal cancer.

Also, I'm pretty much in the same spot as you, I'm deadly convinced I have rectal cancer, except I'm 13 and have three symptoms, only one of which actually could be caused by rectal cancer (the others can be cause by bowel cancer), which isn't even bleeding, but, rather, tenesmus, the feeling of being unable to fully evacuate the bowels. Even though that usually comes weeks after bleeding/change in bowel habits begins, I'm still incredibly anxious.

You'll get through this. Also, reading ahead, if the hemorrhoid is already sticking out, then that definitely will not go away by itself. Notify your doctor and try and get them banded. And yes, hemorrhoids don't always bleed, and yes, they can bleed a lot, then stop, and no, you don't have cancer.

Re: Black specks in stool?

Calm down, black specks are not blood. Upper intestinal blood in stool is always in larger chunks and is tarry, sticky, and shiny in texture, because at that point in the colon, the stool is still liquid, which allows the blood to mix with the stool and dry. Also, the amount of blood required to stain a stool black is actually ridiculously high, so you'd be noticeable weaker, as in climbing up the stairs becomes very tiring. As for the dark stool, are you sure you're getting enough fiber, or food in general? Anxiety makes you lose your appetite in many people, so you might not be getting enough. That would also explain the runnier stool, as there is less soluble fiber to bind the stool together, and less insoluble fiber to add bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Calm down, black specks are not blood. Upper intestinal blood in stool is always in larger chunks and is tarry, sticky, and shiny in texture, because at that point in the colon, the stool is still liquid, which allows the blood to mix with the stool and dry. Also, the amount of blood required to stain a stool black is actually ridiculously high, so you'd be noticeable weaker, as in climbing up the stairs becomes very tiring. As for the dark stool, are you sure you're getting enough fiber, or food in general? Anxiety makes you lose your appetite in many people, so you might not be getting enough. That would also explain the runnier stool, as there is less soluble fiber to bind the stool together, and less insoluble fiber to add bulk.
    Hi thank you for replying. I just double checked and they weren't black specks, they looked like air bubbles or something that looked black. But when I checked again they looked like really tiny specs which I agree seems likely to just be food.

Another thing that's bothering me is it looked like there were tiny darker swirls or strings in the stool. I wouldn't call it BLACK as such but they were like dark. They looked infused in the stool

I'd say it looked like this (WARNING) but a little less black but still dark and not as many:

[/COLOR]ACTUALLY I did read up on this and it said it could be from bananas.

I had 2 bananas yesterday
    Last edited by Elen; 15-08-18 at 08:09. Reason: Pictures too graphic

ACTUALLY I did read up on this and it said it could be from bananas.

I had 2 bananas yesterday
    Makes sense, the banana seeds would probably do that. Either way, specks that small are probably nothing too serious anyways.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Blood in stool!

PLEASE HELP I'm freaking out... what is it about my case specifically that makes bowel cancer unlikely besides my age
    Trust me my friend died of it you have not got BOWEL CANCER

you have piles stop overthinking
    put your energy into something
    positive x

Re: Blood in stool!

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Trust me my friend died of it you have not got BOWEL CANCER

you have piles stop overthinking
    put your energy into something
    positive x
    Hi,

I'm sorry about what happened to your friend :(

It seems likely to be piles but all the symptoms combined just make my head go into overdrive and I start panicking about cancer.

Symptoms that suggest piles

- Blood; this was more likely to be piles because it was fresh red blood on the paper. Hasn't happened for three weeks, only saw tiny trace of it on paper the other day.

- Mucus discharge; I don't have this anymore but a few weeks ago I had mucus coming out of my rear end and I could see it in my looser stool.

- Possible prolapse: When I was straining, I felt around that area to check if anything was prolapsing and it was as if my colon out turned itself and was swollen inside but was sticking out. I don't know if this was a hemorrhoid or a slight rectal prolapse because of the straining.

Itchy anus; I have this on and off. But I also think I have pinworms (disgusting I know).

Symptoms that suggest colon cancer

- Stools; my stools are usually thin. I have a hunch that this is because I'm constantly worried about something- I think I've always had it when I'm anxious. I also have a very poor and imbalanced diet which causes on and off constipation. But now I'm worrying about bowel cancer.. I'm not quite sure

- Ache; a very very very slight ache that moves around my left side. There are quite a few locations where it hurts from time to time. But it's very mild.

- Black stuff in stool; well I had dark brown diarrhoea earlier and I did it on a paper towel and picked through it (DON'T JUDGE ME! I was really worried) with a pencil which I threw away after. I noticed a few black specks and a few black, or maybe just dark, stringy things that looked infused with the poop (weren't parasites). I don't know if this was food or what. But it didn't look like conventional blood. It was probably banana or something but I really can't be sure

I had another, less loose stool a couple of hours later and looked through it carefully (please don't judge) and there was no black to be seen. Everything looked completely normal. So I'm confused.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

I'm so freaked out :(

Page 4 of 290 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information