Page 45 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post

Please don't feel like that, it's completely normal for stool to be covered in bright red blood and happens to almost every human on the planet at one point in their life.

I know this because it's happened to me a few times in my life, it's happened to my mum, and to my brother, and even my aunty and we all certainly do not have rectal cancer of any kind.

It can be simply down to what you're eating, forexample too much spice or fiber can mess with your bowels, it can be due to the pushing even if you feel like you didn't have to push that hard. Piles and haemorrhoids are the most common, far more common than rectal cancer.

I know, because I too have suffered from HA is that none of what I am saying is going to reason with you anxious brain, but please when you do go to the doctor, and he does turn you away because he believes that it is a very common condition, do you best to trust his professional opinion, that is the first step too curing your HA.

It's funny how curing yourself of HA has nothing to do with your body
    Thank you!!!!! You've raised my moods a lil bit

I could see it being a fissure because, well, it was hard and bulky.

But obviously it's the mucus too that's a problem so I'm adding 1 + 1 and that points me towards a serious disease, at least according to my HA!

I hope my GP will do something productive about it rather than just turning me away again. Could a sigmoidoscopy be likely? I hope so

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Positive thoughts
    I-

But-

The stool was covered in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I-

But-

The stool was covered in blood.
    You were diagnosed with fissures/hemmies...

ehh.. you know.. hypochondria.

The best advice should be to seek professional help and/or use the ample resources on the site.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 06-12-18 at 00:42.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Have you changed your diet from the poor foods you were eating? Have you stopped poor toilet habits like straining (like when it feels there is more to come out)?

A GP may not always be able to properly find a roid but they can easily follow that up with a test like a sigmoidoscopy. Then they have a camera having a look.

As you say, 4 months what could it be? But how will something heal or go away if you continue to provide the situation that causes it? If you pick a scab before it heals it can easily live on your skin for months, years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You were diagnosed with fissures/hemmies...

The best advice should be to seek professional help and/or use the ample resources on the site.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you fish. My mind is just all over the place at the moment. I’ve tried thinking rationally about it though.

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Have you changed your diet from the poor foods you were eating? Have you stopped poor toilet habits like straining (like when it feels there is more to come out)?

A GP may not always be able to properly find a roid but they can easily follow that up with a test like a sigmoidoscopy. Then they have a camera having a look.

As you say, 4 months what could it be? But how will something heal or go away if you continue to provide the situation that causes it? If you pick a scab before it heals it can easily live on your skin for months, years.
    Thanks Terry for your reply.

I haven’t been eating AS crap as I did a few weeks ago but I just didn’t think eating badly caused blood. And I don’t strain much as far as I’m aware but maybe I do.

I really really want a sigmoidoscopy cause the blood seems like it’s come down from lower down in my bowels and I don’t think that’s as costly as a colonoscopy. Can they perform them in gp surgeries?

I tried booking at the doctors today but the only appointment they had was in half an hour and I wouldn’t have been able to make it. Sigh. I’ve had a horrible night and I TRULY feel like I’m gonna die. This is horrible

Hospital for procedures like that normally, a GP is unlikely to have that equipment, I know mine don't. I've had one and whilst I wasn't worried about the test, it's not exactly pleasant having a camera shoved up an already sore back passage you know.

Cost won't matter if they think either is needed. But if you are saying that because you are thinking of going private I would say it's a bad idea, the private sector will let you waste your money on things you may not need.

Speak to your GP. I had no reasons for my sigmoidoscopy, I wasn't asking for tests, it was my GP who just wanted to rule things out. That was probably because it had been going on for some time but it certainly wasn't getting any worse.

Diet can definitely cause blood, it's been mentioned further back in your thread. Things like roids can bleed more easily from diet. But poor diet can be doing it by continuing to fuel the problem.

Hospital for procedures like that normally, a GP is unlikely to have that equipment, I know mine don't. I've had one and whilst I wasn't worried about the test, it's not exactly pleasant having a camera shoved up an already sore back passage you know.

Cost won't matter if they think either is needed. But if you are saying that because you are thinking of going private I would say it's a bad idea, the private sector will let you waste your money on things you may not need.

Speak to your GP. I had no reasons for my sigmoidoscopy, I wasn't asking for tests, it was my GP who just wanted to rule things out. That was probably because it had been going on for some time but it certainly wasn't getting any worse.

Diet can definitely cause blood, it's been mentioned further back in your thread. Things like roids can bleed more easily from diet. But poor diet can be doing it by continuing to fuel the problem.
    Ok hopefully I get offered one of those.

Can I ask, if it’s not too intrusive, what were your symptoms that led to the procedure?

Ok hopefully I get offered one of those.

Can I ask, if it’s not too intrusive, what were your symptoms that led to the procedure?
    Very typical roids symptoms. Itchy bum, inflammation in that area, soreness, mucus, blood on the paper (I've never had blood in the bowl like many with roids for some reason ), feeling like there was always something else to come out, post evacuation feeling like there is something there, going more than normal, straining and spending much longer on the toilet, "sweating" feeling in my underwear like it was dribbling out (a mucus thing)...and probably more grumpy than usual

When I had the test that had been going on over a year, maybe a few. I had tried various suppositories and creams but needed hydrocortisone foam (this always worked better than anything) from time to time when it was flaring up.

There was nothing new, I was just back down the docs asking for more treatment which I expected would be just some of the foam. He wanted the test as well. I never heard anything back from it. Walking back to work with a ton of lube working it's way out of you isn't much fun either

There could be more but this is going back to the early years of my roids, around 20 years ago.

Very typical roids symptoms. Itchy bum, inflammation in that area, soreness, mucus, blood on the paper (I've never had blood in the bowl like many with roids for some reason ), feeling like there was always something else to come out, post evacuation feeling like there is something there, going more than normal, straining and spending much longer on the toilet, "sweating" feeling in my underwear like it was dribbling out (a mucus thing)...and probably more grumpy than usual

When I had the test that had been going on over a year, maybe a few. I had tried various suppositories and creams but needed hydrocortisone foam (this always worked better than anything) from time to time when it was flaring up.

There was nothing new, I was just back down the docs asking for more treatment which I expected would be just some of the foam. He wanted the test as well. I never heard anything back from it. Walking back to work with a ton of lube working it's way out of you isn't much fun either

There could be more but this is going back to the early years of my roids, around 20 years ago.
    I wish I had haemherroids but I don’t think I do since she didn’t feel anything during the recital exam. I think it’s possible that they can occur further up in the bowel but I’m not 100% sure (a few members on here said they’ve had piles further up). That would just be such an easy explanation for all this.

Get into the doctor tomorrow Toby, please, with your symptom list. Lets put this to before before Xmas ey !

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Get into the doctor tomorrow Toby, please, with your symptom list. Lets put this to before before Xmas ey !
    Oh god I hope so. It will ruin my Christmas otherwise.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

How do you think I can convince them to give me a sigmoidoscopy?

Page 45 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread Information