Page 61 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post

Honestly, and I never thought I'd say this, I really want something like Ulcerative colitis! anything that's benign
    Ulcerative colitis is no walk in the park. My son has it, severely, and he has had blood transfusions, been hospitalised multiple times, is on the big meds which have side effects such as leukemia and lymphoma, and they barely even work for him, he is just making it. But he can't do anything, he is 21 and in pain daily and realising that probably one day he will need to have his bowel removed. He recently got into a flair and his liver started to get sick, the doctor said it can effect a lot of systems. So no, you don't want ulcerative colitis

I don't think I sit on the toilet for ages straining though, usually it's just loose and comes out easily, sometimes I won't go for a day and then go the next

my dad seems to think diet too but i just don't understand how it could be unless i was constipated all the time which i'm not
    Sorry, I meant that as an example of how treatment is held back by behaviour.

I'm not surprised you go from loose to a day off, I tend to find that anyway after I've been a few times one day with loose stools. Your diet can easily be doing this...I've spent 3 weeks eating poor with Christmas and my bowels have been all over the place (lovely image for you all there ) and some days I've felt dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Ulcerative colitis is no walk in the park. My son has it, severely, and he has had blood transfusions, been hospitalised multiple times, is on the big meds which have side effects such as leukemia and lymphoma, and they barely even work for him, he is just making it. But he can't do anything, he is 21 and in pain daily and realising that probably one day he will need to have his bowel removed. He recently got into a flair and his liver started to get sick, the doctor said it can effect a lot of systems. So no, you don't want ulcerative colitis
    I'm so sorry for being so tactless. I just meant I'd rather something less serious than cancer. I'm so sorry about your sonmy mind is so messy at the moment, of course I don't want it, I just feel like something is wrong and UC would be better than CC

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sorry, I meant that as an example of how treatment is held back by behaviour.

I'm not surprised you go from loose to a day off, I tend to find that anyway after I've been a few times one day with loose stools. Your diet can easily be doing this...I've spent 3 weeks eating poor with Christmas and my bowels have been all over the place (lovely image for you all there ) and some days I've felt dreadful.
    Oh yeah there's no doubt in my mind that my diet is causing loose BMs or constipation, it's just the blood that puzzles me!

I'm so sorry for being so tactless. I just meant I'd rather something less serious than cancer. I'm so sorry about your sonmy mind is so messy at the moment, of course I don't want it, I just feel like something is wrong and UC would be better than CC
    It's not better than cancer though, if you have a severe case of ulcerative colitis, you would think anything but that. Sounds like whatever you have is very minor, if not anxiety. Just don't wish for ulcerative colitis because if you have it, a mild version could turn into life threatening severity in the blink of an eye.

I'll leave the thread now, I just get easily triggered when someone is so scared of cancer that they wish for a disease just as bad, especially ulcerative colitis. It has only been 2 years since we have lived with this beast, and it's my boy you know, my son, when you have kids, shit like this will break you apart.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Toby: You now have over 60 pages of advice which you have largely ignored. You respond by repeatedly speculating and ruminating on your symptoms. This is not seeking advice and support at this point. It appears to have become a morbid obsession which will get you nowhere fast.

Put together a plan of action and follow it. Then report back once you have answers.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    It's not better than cancer though, if you have a severe case of ulcerative colitis, you would think anything but that. Sounds like whatever you have is very minor, if not anxiety. Just don't wish for ulcerative colitis because if you have it, a mild version could turn into life threatening severity in the blink of an eye.

I'll leave the thread now, I just get easily triggered when someone is so scared of cancer that they wish for a disease just as bad, especially ulcerative colitis. It has only been 2 years since we have lived with this beast, and it's my boy you know, my son, when you have kids, shit like this will break you apart.
    Oh damn... again I apologize. You've opened my eyes about it now.

Best wishes to you and your son

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Toby: You now have over 60 pages of advice which you have largely ignored. You respond by repeatedly speculating and ruminating on your symptoms. This is not seeking advice and support at this point. It appears to have become a morbid obsession which will get you nowhere fast.

Put together a plan of action and follow it. Then report back once you have answers.
    I haven't ignored it. Any of it.

I'm just desperate for answers and I can't get them so yes I am ruminating because this keeps happening and I don't know why

and this forum is my way of coping and putting my thoughts down so I'd rather not just leave because I'd be stuck otherwise

and this forum is my way of coping and putting my thoughts down so I'd rather not just leave because I'd be stuck otherwise
    You refuse to believe much of the advice given. You choose to repeat and ruminate over your symptoms again and again. That is not accepting advice.

I have not asked you to leave. I have suggested you put a plan of action in place and follow it through. Then report back.

The decision is of course yours, but if this were my forum, I would have closed this thread down long ago because I believe it's detrimental to yourself and others recovering here

Never Surrender, Comrade

You refuse to believe much of the advice given. You choose to repeat and ruminate over your symptoms again and again. That is not accepting advice.

I have not asked you to leave. I have suggested you put a plan of action in place and follow it through. Then report back.

The decision is of course yours, but if this were my forum, I would have closed this thread down long ago because I believe it's detrimental to yourself and others recovering here
    I'm not kidding but I probably would've come close to doing something to myself that I'd have regretted if it weren't for this forum. I've been in an incredibly horrible place because of this.. it's changed my outlook on life completely. Think carefully in case you do ever start a forum of your own, cause I sure hope you would never do that

I don't want to sound dramatic here either.. but this forum helps me so much. That's my point.
    Last edited by Toby2000; 16-01-19 at 02:41.

Think carefully in case you do ever start a forum of your own, cause I sure hope you would never do that

Don't play games of manipulation with me. My point is that 60 pages of one person repeatedly ruminating on their symptoms while consistently ignoring/disregarding advice given by members is detrimental to all involved.

I help people on this forum. I've rarely seen you do that.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Don't play games of manipulation with me. My point is that 60 pages of one person repeatedly ruminating on their symptoms while consistently ignoring/disregarding advice given by members is detrimental to all involved.

I help people on this forum. I've rarely seen you do that.
    Let's just agree to disagree on this. I can't help the way I am, I've always overthought everything and if there was any place to overthink and let thoughts out, it's on here. I'm not alone in doing that either. Thousands of others do it.. especially when they have very real symptoms and they can't just shove a camera up their butt to see if there's a tumour up there so have to wait and suffer until they get answers via professionals sticking a camera up their butt.

And I don't ignore people. I reply to everyone on here, and I don't force people to reply. We support each other.

I try to help people in similar situations too:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...33#post1848333

Hi, I’ve also had very similar worries and am in fact still experiencing them.

I know it’s hard, it’s absolutely terrifying having to live with a symptom until you can get it checked out, when you’re absolutely positive of the worst but just focus on the fact that it almost certainly isn’t cancer.

There was a user who made a post on here saying he had all the symptoms of CC pretty much and he didn’t have hemmies or a fissure or anything, and the colonoscopy found absolutely nothing. Other than mild gastritis.

It could be something as simple as that. Try and focus on the more likely causes rather than the least likely causes. I say that as I focus on the least likely cause myself and send myself into overdrive but it’s easier to dish out advice rather than take it in yourself.. oh well. Just hang in there.

And when I went to the doctors they said bleeding was only a huge concern if it bled non stop. So I assume that if it was anything serious then your bleeding would continue for w while.

But yeah.. just hang in there. Try to relax
    So yes, apologies if you don't like the way I am.

Now let's leave this.

---------- Post added at 03:50 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

I'll try not to post anymore until I have an update from the next time I go to the doctors, how does that sound?

So probably once I re-do my blood test

I guess I've become dependent on reassurance, and that's not healthy. Maybe you have a point there
    Last edited by Toby2000; 16-01-19 at 03:20.

Page 61 of 290 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread Information