Page 8 of 290 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Thanks so much for reassuring me

I was such an idiot, I thought I was feeling my intestines

But now I'm convinced a tumour in the colon is pushing against the wall or something which is causing it to bulge out slightly. But it's like 30 minutes before I see the doctor for answers (hopefully answers, not presumptions like "Oh it's hemherroids") so I'm just gonna see what they say instead of opening up a new can of worms

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Yeah as I mentioned, 30 minutes until I go to the doctors and I'm terrified about the rectal exam they'll probably do
    Good luck, I bet you're all fine without cancer.

Anyway, if there were tumors big enough to make a bulge, then you'd most certainly not feel fine. You'd probably be nauseated all the time, and probably even vomit. Also, the reports I read on 15-19 year olds getting CRC all reported colicky abdominal pain, which is really really really bad intermittent pain (but it was through the entire day).

I just got back;

she did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure? but I'm confused how it re-opened 3 weeks later and there was a small trace of blood on the paper

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine (but i didn't specifically point out the smaller ridges or whatever)

she said i only have to worry if i have diarrhoea for more than 6 weeks with no obvious reason and there's a consistent bleeding from the anus - then i have to go back

she said the thinner stools are normal?

i'm feeling better now, at least not terminally ill

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Anyway, if there were tumors big enough to make a bulge, then you'd most certainly not feel fine. You'd probably be nauseated all the time, and probably even vomit. Also, the reports I read on 15-19 year olds getting CRC all reported colicky abdominal pain, which is really really really bad intermittent pain (but it was through the entire day).
    That's very true and my logical mind knew that deep down but.. health anxiety

She did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine

she said the thinner stools are normal
    Courtesy of your local neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang!"...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION:

If there were to be black blood in the stool, would it turn the whole stool black, partially black or would I see tiny amounts? Like a centimetre trace here and there?

[graphic]

because when i passed a very loose stool (diarrhoea) yesterday and looked in it, I'm sure I could see a few VERY TINY traces of black or something dark. it looked like it was infused in the stool, which was a normal colour. It could've been like where the air was in it or something like that. I'm really not sure what.

I wish I brought that up to her..

What would black blood look like in diarrhoea?

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION:

I had internal bleeding after my cancer surgery. There's no mistaking it at all! YOU DON'T HAVE IT now please, get help with your anxiety!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

I had internal bleeding after my cancer surgery. There's no mistaking it at all! YOU DON'T HAVE IT now please, get help with your anxiety!

Positive thoughts
    Thanks and I know but I really can't help it

Also the fact that I've had a slight fishy smell around my anus for a while seems to suggest that it's an anal fissure. Because apparently there's a discharge with it.

I'm confused because apparently fissures are supposed to hurt and, well, mine didn't when I bled onto the toilet paper

I'm sorry I know I'm being annoying. I'm very reassured by what she told me but I wish I remembered to ask her these questions too

downloadfile.gif

I have no more to say you have cancer that's what you want to hear you have seriously got anxiety issues l hope you relise this best wishes x

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    Yes I've also had lots and lots of colon bleeding (30x times a day) and therr was no mistaking it.

I just got back;

she did a rectal exam and no hemherroids

she said it was an anal fissure? but I'm confused how it re-opened 3 weeks later and there was a small trace of blood on the paper

she did an abdominal exam and the "bump" i'm talking about was fine (but i didn't specifically point out the smaller ridges or whatever)

she said i only have to worry if i have diarrhoea for more than 6 weeks with no obvious reason and there's a consistent bleeding from the anus - then i have to go back

she said the thinner stools are normal?

i'm feeling better now, at least not terminally ill

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

That's very true and my logical mind knew that deep down but.. health anxiety

Didn't I tell you this morning it was either a roid or a fissure ? And that you were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Didn't I tell you this morning it was either a roid or a fissure ? And that you were fine.
    But fissures are supposed to hurt right? Mine was absolutely painless but it had to be either since it was bright red blood that was only on the paper so it had to bleed directly onto it I guess

Page 8 of 290 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread Information