Page 83 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Good luck for tomorrow morning.

Good for your mom if that is what its going to take for you to step away for awhile

It just means I’m up all night feeling dreadful without being able to console myself

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

As soon as I lose connection my mood drops so much and Im back to ruminating and trying to find more bl**d

I do hope you are not poking around.

We never had the internet when we were young so had to find other ways of distraction like reading books.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm surprised your GP is letting you do this as a regular thing. Mine would refuse. Emergencies only same day. If we are calling to book one in and they have a cancellation they will offer it but it's not patient driven. We even have NHS boards up stating what is and isn't a same day affair.

No telephone appointments at our surgery. It's one of the large (and oldest) in SOT but they don't do this. It's bizarre, it would save them time. They used to do a walk-in surgery for about 2 hours each morning, it was running that way when I was little kid, but they scrubbed it a couple of years ago citing GP losses and a lack of suitable candidates as the money is elsewhere.

That "open surgery" would be where the time wasting went on too. I was sceptical about losing this as it's very handy but the appointment system is working pretty well and they still have the emergency slots per day. My GF has to wait a minimum 3 weeks at her smaller surgery so she doesn't bother going as it's done & over by the time you get in.

Toby, ask your mum for some general dates/times and call up. Surely she has been doing this for a long time herself? I'm surprised at a surgery not noticing patients tying to get same day appointments rather than booking. I wouldn't be exactly pleased as a patient even if they are ringing up and in queues on the off chance.

No same day appointments are a regular thing that they do with anyone, it doesn’t have to be an emergency but it did for the past week because of staff shortages or something

So my mum thought she set the router timer to turn back on at 6 but she set it to 5 by mistake. Haha

I’ll be on the phone in a couple of hours and this time I will get an appointment

Tonight I’ve been anxious cause that irritated feeling of incomplete evacuation has returned. I think it could be anxiety related now but I obviously don’t want to talk to fast in case it isn’t

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

NMP I tried to distract myself by having a bath and reading a book just now funnily enough haha

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

THIS IS GETTING SO RIDICULOUS

They just told me to ring again on Monday. They’re somehow still short staffed?

I know it sounds like I’m lying but Im really not, I promise, Ive spent all night looking forward to some PROGRESS being made.

They offered to book me in advance too but the next appointment is Friday for booking ahead. I’ll keep trying every day until I get an on the day appointment since my mum isn’t currently sure of her work schedule (she absolutely insists on going with me) and they should’ve solved this problem before next Friday

Well, this is great

The problem will now be your Mum not being able to go with you/having a commitment on the day you are offered an appointment etc etc etc

Book yourself in for Friday. If anything comes up in the meantime, take that appointment. Your Mum can arrange to come with you on Friday anyway-nothing is more important than supporting her son.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The problem will now be your Mum not being able to go with you/having a commitment on the day you are offered an appointment etc etc etc

Book yourself in for Friday. If anything comes up in the meantime, take that appointment. Your Mum can arrange to come with you on Friday anyway-nothing is more important than supporting her son.
    The problem is also I don’t want to wait until friday but as you say another chance could come and I can cancel the friday appointment

It’s too late now but on monday I’ll definitely book an advance appointment if I have to

My mum also has a friend with an ear infection who can’t be seen because of problems at the surgery

Why is it too late to book an appointment for next Friday today?

I know it sounds like I’m lying but Im really not, I promise, Ive spent all night looking forward to some PROGRESS being made.

I believe you.

However, just take the Friday appointment, then you have a 'backstop'....then you can ring up each day and see if anything has come up for that day ?

Page 83 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread Information