Page 88 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Oh no :(

I went to toilet and there were two harder, bulky stools and I think I saw some blood on one of them. It wasn’t bright red and obvious, it was like more vague blood and not exactly dark but not bright. If it was blood. I’m 95% sure it was.

I’m going back to the doctors tomorrow, to talk about my symptoms, and hopefully I can convince them to give me a more invasive test.

I’m scared now though :( Tonight, the next 12-14 hours, will be so difficult

and then when I wiped I saw two pea sized spots of bright red blood but that I think must’ve been from a fissure although it didn’t hurt

What do you all think? I feel like it’s catching up on me even more now, even after a week of not worrying as much

I think you should stop examining your poo as I said before.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That appointment really could not have gone worse

They prescribed me medication

But also the doctor was quite rude and dismissive of my symptoms, even when I mentioned the blood that I saw last night, she kept saying that she’s not even the slightest bit worried about cancer, she said it was most likely caused by a fissure/hemherroids AGAIN. And then I mentioned that this keeps happening and she still was extremely dismissive, even when I mentioned the feeling of incomplete evacuation which isn’t as bad anymore admittedly and mucus and blood test result.

I tried to ask a few more questions about bowel cancer like would I be bleeding all the time and she was so dismissive. She wouldn’t even answer it. She said that I would have persistent diarrhoea, but that’s not even a must have symptom.

I’m quite annoyed. Am I supposed to just let this blood continue? I’m supposed to go back next month and she said to eat healthier but even WHEN I DO there is still blood. And I usually have soft motions anyway and still see traces of blood so that really isn’t an explanation

Well.... it’s safe to say that I’m gonna be trapped for the next few weeks until I see more blood. I just want to get this sorted before the summer but ignorant doctors won’t let that happen..

It was a new doctor too who I haven’t had before

Why weren't you seeing the same doctor that you saw last time ? Surely she would allow some consistency and she sounded much more sympathetic and helpful ?

What have they prescribed ?

Frankly, your reaction is the same toward anyone that disagrees with your bowel cancer fear and calls you out on your anxiety. I know personally. The doctor is correct and just reiterated what has been said here dozens of times.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Why weren't you seeing the same doctor that you saw last time ? Surely she would allow some consistency and she sounded much more sympathetic and helpful ?

What have they prescribed ?
    I don’t know why, my usual doctor has been off for months due to pregnancy so I’ve seen a few different GPs because of that

I can’t remember 100% now what I was prescribed, my mum is gonna bring the medication back later

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Frankly, your reaction is the same toward anyone that disagrees with your bowel cancer fear and calls you out on your anxiety. I know personally. The doctor is correct and just reiterated what has been said here dozens of times.

FMP
    I know I’m anxious but I mean... there is something sinister going on clearly but the doctor isn’t bothered.

I know your thoughts on it and I respect that but I feel like I know my body well enough to know that something isn’t right

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I know I’m anxious but I mean... there is something sinister going on clearly but the doctor isn’t bothered.

I know your thoughts on it and I respect that but I feel like I know my body well enough to know that something isn’t right
    This is the problem, though - anxiety makes people believe things that aren't true. Sometimes you have to place your trust in the professionals, if only because they aren't coming at the problem from a place of being half-crazy from fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Oh no :(

I went to toilet and there were two harder, bulky stools and I think I saw some blood on one of them. It wasn’t bright red and obvious, it was like more vague blood and not exactly dark but not bright. If it was blood. I’m 95% sure it was.

I’m going back to the doctors tomorrow, to talk about my symptoms, and hopefully I can convince them to give me a more invasive test.

I’m scared now though :( Tonight, the next 12-14 hours, will be so difficult

and then when I wiped I saw two pea sized spots of bright red blood but that I think must’ve been from a fissure although it didn’t hurt

What do you all think? I feel like it’s catching up on me even more now, even after a week of not worrying as much
    So, you found you anxiety decreased?

Can you see the pattern here? The classic pattern?

Why weren't you posting? Was it because you didn't feel as anxious?

Doctors should of course be professional at all times. It could have been an off day for them but that's still no excuse.

Page 88 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread Information