Page 94 of 290 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

It could be because of anxiety but I don’t know, it just seems to fit my cancer worry well too which is why I’m worried about that. And I don’t think it’s due to eating healthily because that was pretty brief and I don’t think there was a time when I was just eating healthily without anything fatty.

Maybe I’ve always been able to see my ribs slightly but now when I look at my stomach it just seems unhealthy, I can see the outline of my ribs as well as the sides of my stomach which seem to dip to look like I’ve lost weight there. There’s fat in the middle but around that it just feels so wrong.

You cant see my ribs obviously at a glance, they’re not bulging out or anything, but I could see the slight outline and that becomes even more prominent when I take photos... especially when the flash is on, it outlines where you can see the bones etc.

I just feel so desperate now and I say that a lot but now I feel like Im sitting here and losing weight and dying. Like I don’t know what to do

i`d look back over the 94 pages of replies and advice and see if there`s a thread or general theme you can see and work on. really spend some time absorbing what`s gone on previously. also look at similar threads and see how common your themes are, how to help yourself in general.
    if you haven`t managed to get to the bottom of all this in 94 pages then I`d try something or somewhere different

I do look back at posts in this thread a lot but all I notice is how my symptoms are gradually worsening

i don't see them worsening Toby and the more anxious you are the more havoc it plays with our bowels and digestive system.

Just give things time to settle down with the new meds.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This morning I had diarrhoea, like really bad watery diarrhoea and I just had it again

This may be diet related because last night I had pancakes and a packet of biscuits and tonight I had fish and chips and a donut

Or it could be anxiety related or they could be side effects form the medication maybe? (Admin I just saw your reply- maybe the meds are doing this? I had diarrhoea after I had antibiotics back in August but why is this happening now and it didn’t on the first day?)

But the doctor said if I had CRC then I would have diarrhoea.. and look what I have now. Could it be overflow diarrhoea (where there’s a blockage and diarrhoea seeps through the cracks between the blockage) because it was so watery?

I don’t know about a blockage because a few days ago I was having normal stools that were solid and thicker than usual

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I have a feeling this will open a whole new can of worms for you though Toby
    Don't fall into the meds side effects trap as Nic mentioned above. Sertraline causes issues with gut (mostly diarrhoea) and it can take several days for these side effects to manifest.

It will pass. So don't add more symptoms to the multitude of ones you already have - both real and imagined.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    This morning I had diarrhoea, like really bad watery diarrhoea and I just had it again

This may be diet related because last night I had pancakes and a packet of biscuits and tonight I had fish and chips and a donut

Or it could be anxiety related or they could be side effects form the medication maybe?
    Along with a crap diet, watery stools can be a side effect of the med. I had it too. It calmed down after a month or so. Now, respectfully, if I may, actually take the advice given by your doctor and the forum and give it a break already! Sheesh! You don't need an internet forum to tell you you're being self-destructive!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

With each new set of triggers you add to it and tell us this time it's the worst. But in reality just how bad do you feel? At what point will you be so ill or even as ill as someone who has something non lethal that makes you feel dreadful? So, isn't this about how you perceive things and react to them?

As mentioned already, SSRI's are notorious for loose stools and in someone with those problems already you can pretty much guarantee it will upset you. Like I said to you before, anything that pops up in the SSRI side effect window should be viewed with scepticism as it's very likely a side effect.

You are taking a lot of guesses about the weight and your ribs. You've likely seen how perception can be skewed when it comes to fear on here (just look at the Terry's Nails threads for that one!) and a SSRI might be making you a bit more unstable right now causing emotional problems and more anxiety. Just keep swimming for now and see where it takes you.

Thank you everyone, the bad diarrhoea has gone now pretty much but my stools are still pretty loose. I know it’s a side effect though

I’m currently in the bath literally crying my eyes out having an extesential crisis about death and this problem.. it’s ptobably because I drank a load of coffee earlier because I got a kick from it last time and I’ll do anything to make me feel better but now I just feel low and morbid (sorry for any spelling mistakes)

I feel like this problem isn’t going to end well at all.. I’ll either end up dead or sectioned. I’m thinking about going back to the doctors later to beg for a test because I’m spending night after night in worry mode and this waiting and not knowing is literally getting me nowhere. I just want to know what’s wrong

I’m so pissed off at them for making me wait 8 months or however long it’s been and still no diagnosis.. something is obviously wrong with me

Page 94 of 290 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread Information