Thread: Anyone taken Doxycycline?

Anyone taken Doxycycline?

HI All, I'm on my third day of Doxy and I've been reading some horror stories. Anyone taken it and can share your stories?
    I need to take it for a sinus infection but after reading all the stories I feel sick to my stomach now ... intercranial hypertension, steven johnsons syndrome, -why do I do this to myself??
    Im feeling better but my anxiety is terrible and I have heart palpitations now...agh I hate having health anxiety!

Re: Anyone taken Doxycycline?

I took 1000mg for a sinus infection and the only side effect I can remember was a metallic taste in my mouth, your doctor wouldn’t have prescribed you it if they thought you would get worse with it, remember that every tablet can have side effects, they are rare hope you feel better soon! Sinus infections are just awful!

Do you mean 100mg? That's what I'm taking, yes sinus infection is horrible, I"m waking up with pain all in my teeth and head, but i hate taking antibiotics! aggghhh thank you for responding, how long did you stay on doxy do you remember?

Nope mine was 1000mg, my doctor could see i'd been ill a lot recently and wanted to give my body a complete clear out so it was a high dose, it did the trick though and *touch wood* i've not been ill properly since!

Yes the teeth pain was horrible, every time I would bend forward it would hurt.
    I think it was 10 days for me!

oh wow .... thats a high dose and you were fine on it! Yes I get the tooth pain in the night and when I wake ... OMG never knew your teeth could hurt so much!

Exactly you are on 10% of what I was on and I am still here
    Hope it clears soon, antibiotics are amazing things!

I was on it for a while (I think it was about ten weeks?) last year to treat severe rosacea. The queasiness you can get with it - as with most antibiotics - isn't fun, but there are ways to help it. I started having probiotic yoghurt for breakfast, which seemed to really help, and of course make sure you're upright for an hour after taking it. I seem to remember that having something small to eat after taking it helped too - just no dairy, as it could lessen the effects. It's not a fun antibiotic to be on (mostly I remember hating having to avoid the sun) but it's not so bad, and whatever it's for, as a nice side effect you'll have the clearest skin you've ever had if you've been prone to breakouts or rosacea! :P

Thread Information