Thread: Flare up what to do?

Flare up what to do?

Have been diagnosed with Proctitus for about 7 years and have not had many flare ups in the past.

Recently i have had a big flare up which has been going on for around 2 months. I have really bad gas, blood and mucus in stools and Diarrhoea.

I have tried to change my diet, using the FODMAP app to see what to eat, but having no luck.

My diet consists of salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes and plain chicken) but still my symptoms are not improving.

I have taken buscopan which has not done anything and currently on Prednisolone rectal foam but i am still getting the gas and blood diarrhoea.

Please help, what can i do?

Re: Flare up what to do?

Have you seen your GI? There are many different drugs out there that treat UC.

I would stay far far away from salad. Fiber is bad for IBD and it definitely is not recommended on the liw FODMAPS diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    Have you seen your GI? There are many different drugs out there that treat UC.

I would stay far far away from salad. Fiber is bad for IBD and it definitely is not recommended on the liw FODMAPS diet.
    I have seen my GI he said during a flare up the best thing to have is Prednisolone rectal foam but this has not cured the problem in the last month.

I have the FODMAP app and it says lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes are fine to eat. is this wrong?

Oh I mixed it up about tomatoes. They are low fodmaps but they are nightshades and nightshades can cause inflammation.

Thread Information