Thread: BWRT

BWRT

I had a chat with a lady this morning and shes recommended BWRT to me. I'd never heard of it before and am just wondering if anyone else has tried it?

Apparently you get yourself into your state of panic and then somehow she can interrupt the pathway to the brain (or something like that!).

She told me she had a client similar to me (anxiety & panic attacks) before Christmas, and after 3-4 sessions her fear was completely gone. She also told me it's permanent rather than other therapies like hypnotherapy or CBT, that just put a plaster on the wound so to speak.

If this is true this will be incredible, to get rid of a 9 year long fear and be able to live a normal life would be amazing.

I now have an appointment with her on 30th August.

Anyone done BWRT before? Any success stories???

Re: BWRT

I'll post about how it goes after my appointment!

So I've had my first BWRT which was an interesting one. The therapist was absolutely lovely. What she asked me to do was to really vividly imagine myself in a panic attack and go through all the fears I'd normally have. She then proceeded to speak extremely fast, and asked me to freeze the fear in my mind. She spoke so fast honestly I couldn't keep up with what she was saying. What she was trying to do was interrupt the brain activity somehow.

I actually felt a lot less anxious after my appointment, and funny enough even after only one session my panic attacks are actually better and less frequent. I am going again next week and am a little bit excited not gonna lie!

Fingers crossed this is a treatment that could work.

I couldn't keep up with a lot of what she was saying, but I remember her telling me to visualise my future self looking back on that particular moment and how I want my current self to be.

Just thought I'd post an update because I know this therapy isn't as well known as other methods. I used to suffer with agoraphobia (can't leave the house) until I met with this lady who does BWRT. I am now making quick progress every week so much so today I managed to get on a busy bus by myself to and from my place of work and back again without having a panic attack. I can finally function again! I wish I knew about this type of therapy sooner.

I know everyone is different but I would recommend anyone who has tried meds, CBT etc. without success to try looking up BWRT. It is private but honestly I wish I knew about it sooner, I really do.

wow that is remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoOrange View Post
    wow that is remarkable
    It is isn't it?

Too remarkable. BWRT has no efficacy attached to it at all (apart from one study with an incredibly small sample size so you can't rely on that). It advertises as a cure and is carried out mostly by hypnotherapists making money. Snake oil to be avoided. After all, if it was a cure, no one would have anxiety. I have tried it, it did not work.

i feel like at the time i had the treatment it worked. unfortunately my anxiety has returned to usual levels since this post! what works for some may not work for others.

Thread Information