Thread: On My Way

On My Way

I have had health anxiety for almost ten months, but there have been increasing more good days than bad. Even though I had insomnia last night and felt queasy this morning (currently caught in a 1-2x every 1-2 weeks nausea cycle), it is important for me to remember that I am still SO much better than I was even a month or two ago. Last weekend I enjoyed brunch with friends, shopping in town, a birthday party - and that was just Saturday!

Recovery is not linear, there are ups and downs. But I have a loving fiance and family, supportive workplace, and caring doctors who are there to help me figure out what is anxiety and what might be something more (for example, acid reflux or stomach irritation). I am pulling myself back to my normal with exercise, socialization, fun hobbies, and relaxation. I am in therapy once a week. I'm trying to identify and curb bad habits.

Just a message of hope and progress for other health anxiety sufferers. I have had nearly every possible symptom, some which still linger, but overall things do get better with time and trust.

Re: On My Way

This is so nice to read. Well done you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information