Thread: GERD/LPR. Anyone?

Unhappy GERD/LPR. Anyone?

Ive been dealing with varying reflux symptoms on and off for around 7 years during which time I've been on a low dose PPI daily (20mg). Over those years, I've seen 3 gastroenterologists and had 2 endoscopies the last of which was 3 years ago, all normal.
    The last 8 months though I've had a mild burning sensation at the back of my nose and a rough feeling throat ... Almost like I could clear my throat. Another ppi dose doesn't improve it. I seen my GP again who looked up my nose and back of throat who said he couldn't see anything and told me to try a Vicks nasal inhaler but it doesn't do anything.
    I seen a gastro doc privately a few months back but he just seemed to dismiss me and felt rushed.
    I have a wedding coming up and started a new job so my stress is high at the moment.

Can all this be stress/anxiety? Does anyone have similar experiences especially with the LPR type symptoms? It's a daily struggle. :(

Thanks.

Re: GERD/LPR. Anyone?

Hey I have LPR.

I was diagnosed last year and put on omeprazole which I promptly stopped as I'm happy to say I'm managing my symptoms quite well!

However I recently had to go back on them, it can't be a coincidence that it occurred when I came home to all the stress. And considering my young age yes I personally believe stress can worsen it if not create it as thats what seems to set mine off

Have you not been given anything to settle said symptoms?

It's not hard to identify, the burning brings tears to my eyes personally.

Have you tried things such as gaviscon, Rennie's, zantac ranatadine etc?

If these don't work go back and ask for some medication because other methods aren't working

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thread Information