Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food/liquid stuck in esophagus

Can you see your pulse in your neck?

I can see my pulse just above my collarbone, in that little dip. I just noticed that and of course I am panicking, I am very worried about my heart (see my other topic). My pulse is racing because I am very anxious, could that be the explanation? Please tell me can you see and feel your pulse in that spot? I am freaking out so badly.

My pulse has gone down a little but I can still see it. Please tell me this is normal :(

So I am not talking about the sides of my neck, but in the middle, above the collarbone, please, please someone tell me they can see it too.

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Dr google says it is aortic aneurysm. :(
    Last edited by Dornish Red; 13-08-18 at 18:19.

Re: Can you see your pulse in your neck?

It's common.

Dr Google is a moron.

Thanks for making this topic. Ive been obssesing about this since my first attack. It usually is invisable during morning hours but later on the day it becomes more pronounced, and i feel both my centre between collarbones and sides of neck pulsing hard.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Dornish Red View Post

[/COLOR]Dr google says it is aortic aneurysm. :(
    Dr Google is full of histrionics

It's a sign of good blood flow. You can sometimes "see" pulse in ankles too if you have good circulation.

So DO NOT Google henceforth!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Google says you should not be able to feel a pulse in that little dip above the collarbone, and especially not see it. Aortic aneurysm is my ultimate fear at the moment and this has really got me into a panic mode. I asked my BF if he can feel the same thing, and he cant. I can not only feel it but also see it, I never noticed this before and it is freaking me out. Dr Google says probably an aneurysm.
    Thanks for your answers, makes me feel a little bit better. Please, if anyone else has the same thing, let me know. I am panicking so badly :( It really looks like it is coming from "beyond" where the aorta is supposed to be :( Am I going to die from aneurysm :(

Google says blah blah blah.

You have a choice. Keep checking google for symptoms of things you don't have, or stop checking google and get on with your life.

You're fine. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornish Red View Post
    Google says....
    If you end up seeing a doctor over this, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" all ready

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If you end up seeing a doctor over this, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" all ready

Positive thoughts
    God I wish this is true
    I will ask my GP about this tomorrow. I have a very rational fear that I might have a condition that has to do with problems with aorta like aneurysms (my other topic is about that). So I am of course very alarmed by this as this can be a sign of an aneurysm.
    It makes me feel better if someone else has the same thing. God I am so scared out of my mind.

What you perceive as a rational concern is actually not. I just looked at another post you made and it comes across as completely irrational.

I can see the pulse in my neck, I can see the pulse in my 10 year old child's neck. When I was watching the tennis a few weeks ago I just so happened to see the pulse in one of the tennis players neck.

You are caught in an obsessive cycle of macro analysing physical 'symptoms' that are completely normal and further obsessively cross referencing them with closest fit health problems you can find on Google.

As long as you keep doing that, you WILL remain in a state of suffering and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    What you perceive as a rational concern is actually not. I just looked at another post you made and it comes across as completely irrational.

I can see the pulse in my neck, I can see the pulse in my 10 year old child's neck. When I was watching the tennis a few weeks ago I just so happened to see the pulse in one of the tennis players neck.

You are caught in an obsessive cycle of macro analysing physical 'symptoms' that are completely normal and further obsessively cross referencing them with closest fit health problems you can find on Google.

As long as you keep doing that, you WILL remain in a state of suffering and anxiety.
    Can you see the pulse in the exact place I am describing? Sorry, I am just desperate for someone to tell me they have it too. I read that seeing pulse on the sides of the neck can be competely normal, but to see it in that notch above the center of the collar bone can be an alarming symptom. So I am very scared. And I didnt look for this symptom. I just looked at myself in the mirror for two seconds and noticed this.
    I will be adressing my anxiety with my GP tomorrow. It has gotten so bad lately that I have put my heart in a state of constant stress, beating very fast, I can't seem to calm down for days. Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information