Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Food/liquid stuck in esophagus

Re: Can you see your pulse in your neck?

It really doesn't matter what I can see or where I can see it. What matters is you checking normal bodily functions and interpreting them as cause for concern.

I would suggest that if you're worried about it, mention it in your next GP appointment, and then when they tell you it's nothing to worry about then try your best to let it go and learn the lesson for the next time you find something to worry about. We've all been there.

Apparently that is aortic puls that you shouldnt be able to feel or see...panicking so badly. Cant sleep, heart is racing im sweating, I feel like I am going to explode :(

---------- Post added 14-08-18 at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was 13-08-18 at 23:37 ----------

So according to everything I have read online this is a major sign of an aneurysm. All the doctors that have been asked this question online have pointed at that. No other explanation given. They say you normally shouldnt feel a pulse in that spot. And I feel it so strongly :(
    This is terrifying. Can someone please relate? Does it happen to any of you? I feel a very strong puls in that spot for the entire day. I am lying down and it feels even worse. I usually feel the pulse there and didnt know it was abnormal, until today when I realized I can even see it. It is that strong. In that spot I feel the pulse the strongest, although I can feel it on the side of the neck as well. How do I cope with this, this is so scary.
    I also have to add that I sometimes have trouble swallowing and sometimes I feel a pressure on my esophagus, but I have acid reflux and probably GERD so I alwyas attributed it to that. I dont feel it all the time though

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 ----------

While going to work this morning I felt very sick suddenly, like my blood pressure dropped. I havent slept much, didnt eat anything, and I felt like I was going to faint. Or die. My vision went dark for a minute, and I felt cold sweat on my face and neck. Felt like I was dying.
    I can constantly see this pulse above the collarbone. I kept looking at other peoples necks and theirs are not pulsing.
    So how can this be normal? I even read that doctors specifically feel your pulse in that area when looking for signs of an aneurysm, FFS. That's it. At this point I am pretty much certain I have Marfan syndrome and an aneurysm, which is common in people with that disorder.
    This is just too convenient to be a coincidence. Later today I am seeing my GP. I hope she sends me to get my heart checked ASAP. I don't want to die.
    Last edited by Dornish Red; 14-08-18 at 03:57.

If your Doctor tells you it's nothing to worry about and completely normal, what will you do?

I am planning to get an echo of my heart done privately. I have way too many symptoms of a connective tissue disorder to not get my heart checked, it would be very irresponsible of me not to do so. What my GP says is not that relevant to me, since most GPs don't know much about CTDs. I owe it to myself to get my heart checked out with a cardiologist.
    And with this obvious pulsating I am even more sure that there's something going on with my aorta, unfortunately.
    So that's my plan. I have no idea how to tell my parents about this, I don't want to break their hearts, and since I live with them, it's hard to hide something like this. I am smiling on the outside but on the inside I am dying. I will be arranging my echo hopefully very soon. I will post an update after I visit my GP today.

Still, it would be very appreciated if someone has the same pulsating thing as me to leave a comment.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

GP said it is not normal to have such pulsations, but that I have them because I am so very anxious. She couldnt say anything about my heart. She agreed I have some suspicious symptoms of connective tissue disorder and agrees that I have to check my heart. This is so scary.

Listen. I know its scary. After my first panic attack my neck looked like a frogs. Expanding and deflating. It took me 2 weeks to look normal. After that im still suffering from i visable pulse in my neck.
    You say you dont see it in other people. I didnt to. I live with my girlfriend and she didnt have this until one night i checked her neck and it was pulsing like mine, it was a relief.
    Ive done 3echos, about 10ekg's, 1 stress test and 24 holster monitor. The docs observes only palpitations.
    The pulsing is related to our subcouncious still thinking iylts on danger and raising our adrenaline levels ever so slightly.
    My reccomendation is that you try to feel your pulse during morning, midday and evening, after eating and exercise. If its weak during morning hours its 99% not a problem. It can be worse after eating like for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yarodao View Post
    Listen. I know its scary. After my first panic attack my neck looked like a frogs. Expanding and deflating. It took me 2 weeks to look normal. After that im still suffering from i visable pulse in my neck.
    You say you dont see it in other people. I didnt to. I live with my girlfriend and she didnt have this until one night i checked her neck and it was pulsing like mine, it was a relief.
    Ive done 3echos, about 10ekg's, 1 stress test and 24 holster monitor. The docs observes only palpitations.
    The pulsing is related to our subcouncious still thinking iylts on danger and raising our adrenaline levels ever so slightly.
    My reccomendation is that you try to feel your pulse during morning, midday and evening, after eating and exercise. If its weak during morning hours its 99% not a problem. It can be worse after eating like for me.
    Thanks for your input.
    Do you see/feel the pulse in the same spot that I am? My pulse is still palpable in the morning, but I have been so stressed these days that I didn't feel relaxed for one second, so I can't judge.
    My GP prescribed me something for my anxiety so I will see, hopefully my heartbeat goes down a little.
    She listened to my heart and said everything sounds normal, but of course, an echo is the only method to see if there is anything wrong with the heart or the aorta.

Yah. The main visable pulse is like 3centimeters from my adams apple down, ofcourse my right and left side and sometimes when im stresses even uper chest(slightly bellow the collarbones). Ive been with this for 7 months.
    Do you get any other feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by yarodao View Post
    Yah. The main visable pulse is like 3centimeters from my adams apple down, ofcourse my right and left side and sometimes when im stresses even uper chest(slightly bellow the collarbones). Ive been with this for 7 months.
    Do you get any other feelings?
    When I am anxious, I feel like my heart is pounding all the way to my ears...feels like an ear fullness, or maybe pulsatile tinnitus. It could also have something to do with my chronic sinusitis that sometimes makes my head feel full of pressure.
    Right now I am feeling the pulse above the collarbone, in that dip in the middle and on both sides above the collarbone, and also higher on the sides of my neck as well. I think it will take some time for me to calm down a little and to get my pulse down a bit. It is still a bit strong and fast. I have mild tachycardia that was never investigated, so I am used to my heart beating a bit faster than normal. It feels great when it finally settles down to normal rythm...
    I also have chronic post nasal drip from my sinuses that come down my throat, that causes a lot of mucus in my throat and a feeling of fullness and that famous "lump" in the throat feeling. Makes me cough a lot. Also I have acid reflux and a weird esophagus, I can't burp at all and often have a lot of gas and pressure in my esophagus because of that, and sometimes, especially when I am nervous, I have trouble swallowing. Feels like food gets stuck in my esophagus. This can also be a symptom of an aortic aneurysm and that really scares me, but I hope it has nothing to do with that.
    Do you get any choking or weird sensations in your throat?

Egh i have problems with my stomach so yah i tend to have problems with that.
    Do an echo and all will be clear.
    For me it took 3 and im still not fully reassured especially when the palpitations kick in.
    I to was afriad of an aortic aneurysm but after 3 checks my aorta was the same size. Also if you had an aortic aneurysm your belly would pulsate like hell i mean like someones punching you through it and you wpuld most likeli have a baseballs sized lump there.

Stomach problems are my life lol
    My worry about the aneurysm is not so much in the abdomen, but near my heart. Thats why this pulsating thing where it "shouldnt be" is scaring me. Since I show a significant amout of symptoms of some type of a connective tissue disorder, there is a possibility that my aorta is not fine, but I am hoping that it is, or that the damage is minimal.
    I am glad you had an echo that was all clear. I would do anything to have mine be clear as well. It would put an end to so much suffering, I am talking about 2 years of living in denial and fear to go and get checked. This is honestly the worst period of my life, I just hope to put an end to this suffering, and that the outcome is good. I really feel like I could start living my life again after all this, and start planning my future, which I cant at this point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information