Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food/liquid stuck in esophagus

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Can you see your pulse in your neck?

Quote Originally Posted by yarodao View Post
    Egh i have problems with my stomach so yah i tend to have problems with that.
    Do an echo and all will be clear.
    For me it took 3 and im still not fully reassured especially when the palpitations kick in.
    I
    Do you mean to say you had 3 echo scans and you're still not "sure" about an aortic aneurysm?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Can you feel/see your pulse in the suprasternal notch?

If you are wondering, that is the dip above the middle of your collarbone. Can you feel it there? Can you see the area pulsating?
    Please share if you can feel your pulse there, and/or see it.
    Sorry for starting another topic, I thought it should be more specific than the other one.
    My fear is aortic aneurysm, and apparently that is a symptom. I have some connective tissue disorder symptoms and this is a major fear for me.
    I also have trouble swallowing, feeling like food is getting stuck in my esophagus, and that is another symptom of an aneurysm.
    I will probably be getting an echo of my heart next week (recommended by my GP because of my other symptoms regarding a possible connective tissue disorder) and I am having trouble coping with all this. I can constantly feel my pulse in that area, and above my collarbone on both sides, and I can't stop thinking about this. I can also see it.
    Please share if you have the same thing/something similar. I am desperate. I am on anxiety medication but it can only do so much for me. Honestly, having the worst week ever in my life.
    I keep looking at my family wondering how am I going to tell them I might have a life threathening condition. Possibility is real. Any input would be helpful. Can you guys please try to see if there is a pulse for you in that spot, and share. Thanks.

Re: Can you see your pulse in your neck?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Do you mean to say you had 3 echo scans and you're still not "sure" about an aortic aneurysm?
    Not an aneurysm. Im sure i dont have one its easely detectable.
    But sometimes dark thoughts creep in.

Re: Can you feel/see your pulse in the suprasternal notch?

I know I am probably being annoying for everyone here and I am sorry. I am just trying to cope somehow.
    Would appreciate anyone's input if you experience something similar.

Today is such a bad day. I am trying to arrange an echo at a private clinic but no one is answering my calls. I dont want any other clinic because this was a recommendation for a doctor with actual knowledge of connective tissue disorders.
    Very frustrating, I want to get it done as soon as I can because honestly I feel like I will have a mental breakdown.
    Feeling sleepy, faint, little dizzy, heart is pounding and I still feel vibrations above my collarbones, I feel like I am slightly drunk or something, could this be a panic attack or a reaction to my anxiety medication? I feel like I am going to faint all day. Not really coping with all this very well...and I have to work. Feeling so incredibily low. Like I am falling into an endless pit of despair.

You are not annoying.
    Inform us of the echo.
    If you are worried uploas a video of your notch here. It might be nothing and youre just blowing it out of proportion.

What do you expect people to tell you here that they didn't already tell you in your other thread about exactly the same thing?

Weren't you supposed to see your Doctor today?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'd be more worried about not feeling a pulse

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    What do you expect people to tell you here that they didn't already tell you in your other thread about exactly the same thing?

Weren't you supposed to see your Doctor today?
    I dont know, as you can see I am in a very bad place now
    Highly raised suspicions of a connective tissue disorder (that causes aortic aneurysms in young people) + a very alarming symptom of an aneurysm (palpable + visible aortic puls in the suprasternal notch) = of course I am out of my mind with worry. This is serious because there is a very rational concern here.

Yes, I went to see my GP. She agreed I show signs of some connective tissue disorder, and wants to investigate. She listened to my heart but when I asked her about the pulse in this specific spot she told me I am anxious so I can feel it everywhere. She didn't even felt it or cared for it. I should have explained better and ask her to feel it, I know, but I was so stressed I could barely talk. She said I should do an echo of my heart because she can't say anything about my aorta via stethoscope, she just said that my heart sounds fine, no murmur.

This is a very hard time for me and my family, they are very worried as well. The possibility of me having a connective tissue disorder is very real. My sister shows symptoms as well.
    I am having my mom arrange an echo for me because I am not in a condition to do that. I am on medication because of the anxiety and depression I am feeling at the moment, but it can only do so much.

Just imagine, being in fear of possibly having a condition that can cause aorta problems, and then suddenly realizing that you have a major symptom of it, that is so incredibly scary.

Thats why I opened these topics hoping that someone maybe feels the same thing and is OK, to make me feel a bit better. I hope you understand.

I know my anxiety is probably aggravating this symptom but I constantly feel this pulse, like it is fluttering in my throat, I can palpate it and even see it. You have to admit that is scary. And I am not imagining it, when I asked other people they can see it too.

I would still really love to hear if anyone else has this visible/palpable pulse in this area, or if they saw it in other people maybe.

I am doing my best to stay positive in this situation but it is very hard. I know we shouldnt listen to Dr Google, but I read actual doctors answers online about this questions saying this is not normal and highly suspicious and should be investigated.
    So I hope you understand my situation a bit better now. This is not me and my anxiety making up symptoms, I have some concerns that are very very real.
    Thanks for everyone here who is talking to me, and trying to help.
    I am hoping to get an echo on monday.
    Trying to function normally, went to work, but having a hard time concentrating on anything. Constant feeling of a bounding pulse in my throat.

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yarodao View Post
    You are not annoying.
    Inform us of the echo.
    If you are worried uploas a video of your notch here. It might be nothing and youre just blowing it out of proportion.
    I will as soon as I get it.
    As for the notch, I am most certainly not imagining it, I asked other people and they can clearly see it. It is possible that my anxious heart is aggravating it, but still, it is there, palpable, and visible. And scaring the crap out of me.

---------- Post added at 07:31 ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    I'd be more worried about not feeling a pulse
    Haha yes feeling your pulse by itself should be a good thing, but it is worrysome when you feel it somewhere you "shouldnt"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information