Thread: laparoscopy for Endo diagnosis not sure where to go from here.

laparoscopy for Endo diagnosis not sure where to go from here.

For a long time I've operated my life as a woman with possible Endometriosis, I'm in a great deal of pain sometimes that my doctor believes could be down to it.
    I know that test to confirm it will be my lifeline for pain management and my anxiety.
    But I can't bring myself to do that test for the general anesthetic side.

All my life I have avoided it by doing tests and procedures under local, regional, you name it just so that I don't have to do General.

I know nobody can help but I feel so stuck and I had a panic attack with it earlier today when I got back from my GP suggesting it and I haven't been feeling great since.

It's a personal war between doing what's right for my health or me mentally and I feel so guilty so I just wanted to ramble really if that's okay, typing out my thoughts really makes me feel a little better.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: laparoscopy for Endo diagnosis not sure where to go from here.

Hi Clydes, I can't remember if you have any daughters, if not you have a mum or sister? What would you advise them to do in the same situation? You have the chance to ease your years of pain.

But I know how you feel because I'm waiting for a procedure to remove a cataract in my right eye and I swing between cancelling and worrying about it going ahead. Yet it's only a small procedure in the grand scheme of things and will mean I'll no longer fall down steps or almost chop my fingers up instead of the carrots

Sometimes we have to put our faith in the docs and just do what we have to do.

Hey Catherine I don't have any children personally they're not a plan for a while as I'm just 17 haha

I do have a mum with the same condition and my sister who possibly does but never checked it out.
    I don't wish this pain and inconvenience on them every monthly cycle has been hell since I started them at 8 I cry for hours and no painkiller short of co-codamol will ease it.

While my mum knows what I go through I wouldn't wish it on anyone else but I just, I can't face general anesthetic the idea scares the heck out of me :/

Sometimes they give you a pill or two to help relax you before a general anaesthetic, usually a mild tranquiliser. I had a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic in my late 20s because of heavy painful periods and was terrified of the op, but they gave me a benzodiazipam while I was still on the ward a few hours before and the difference in my nervousness was brilliant. Could that help you think?

Cath x

I imagine so, I'm thinking of postponing until I can get my anxiety actually treated that might help.

I can't stand the thought of having a cannula in my hand and especially the anesthesia it just deeply terrifies me I don't want that and if I did try I just feel in my state of a panic attack and internal screaming it won't actually work?

Ahh, but the tranquiliser takes all the fear and anxiety away...that's what it's for

Cath x

I am also an extra nervous Nelly because of my asthma and I know that complicates things?

I have a whole to think about it anyway, I don't want to do it until I'm up with my partner again, we don't have a car so can't do it and I'd rather have it where I feel most comfortable
    I really appreciate you talking to me Cath it's helping x

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

I've just remembered another problem of mine that I'm going to bring up with a doctor is if they'll do any surgery during the diagnosis process I've heard if they diagnose it they just treat the scar tissue but that terrifies me for some reason I'd rather them not so want to check if I can make a request for them to just diagnose and not do owt x

I'm sorry for being a real nervous Nelly but rambling has helped a little despite the fact that an in depth look into it has made me want to say no.

So I made an appointment with my GP this morning to discuss other options but sadly that's the only thing that will show it for sure

Thread Information