Hey guys,

This is going to take a while to sum up, but basically, my boyfriend was cleaning my hamsters eyes (he has long fur and they can get stuck together with gunk) and he wriggled out of his hands and fell onto a hard floor, the poor thing lay there helplessly in shock and couldn't move, I felt absolutely traumatised as I love him so much and now we think his back is broken as his legs are spread out and he can't walk, he is 2 years old and so very delicate.

Anyway, it was too late to take him to the vets (I think we are taking him tomorrow) and he really isn't good, I am so very devastated to think that us owners are responsible for the harm of this beautiful animal because of one silly mistake, I cannot stop crying.

I asked my boyfriend if he'd like to come back and help me care for the poor little thing as I feel so upset, but he won't as his sleep is more important apparently, and I just feel so ridiculously angry at him for this whole situation, him coming back to care for our hamster would help calm me down but I am so enraged, just to think he might die because of what we've done, I feel so responsible. I just love him so much, I want him to be ok.
I also just want my boyfriend to care just a little bit.

Please help, am I being irrational, how do I get over the possible death of such a lovely little creature?