Thread: Could I get a ticket?

Could I get a ticket?

I left my apartment complex at night, I had to turn left against traffic, I checked both directions of traffic before I pulled out and thought I was clear. I get on the road and start driving towards my destination, when this truck comes up behind me and lays on the horn. (I can only figure I must have cut the guy off ) I was scared and started to slow my vehicle down, getting down to like 20.(in hind sight this probbably just made them more mad) they turn they're highbeams on me and now I'm blinded, and they follow me with highbeams on and laying on the horn for a few minutes. Untill they realise I'm not going to be intimidated into speedingup, so they blow around me turn in front of me and slam on the brakes. I stop too. At this point I'm legitimately afraid there about to get out and start a fight with me or something.

They eventually start driving off and take a turn off the main road and throw something (not sure what)out of there window and it hits my car.

At this point I'm kind of shaken and honestly a little pissed off. So I pull off into a grocery store parking lot and sit there for half an hour to cool off.

I turn around and come back to my complex take some anxiety meds, and start to have a panic attack that they are going to report my license plate to the police, and the cops are going to hassle me or issue me a ticket or something.

In hindsight it was probably the wrong decision to slow my vehicle down. I should have just kept going the speed limit. But I'm not a fan of (what I perceive to be agressive behavior to intimidate me)

Re: Could I get a ticket?

I think you need to remember here that if the police issued tickets off the back of a member of the public complaining we would have tons of extra tit for tat complaints and tickets issued due to disputes between anything from waring neighbours to families that just don't get on...and imagine being a boss, you would need a contractual benefit to become one considering all the fine payouts

Besides, even if that were possible you would retaliate over their deliberately dangerous driving.

It's just the mind throwing out "what ifs" and it's a raw event right now. A little bit of time may see it reduce and especially if you plough on with your day the best you can do you aren't obsessing over this and replaying the event.

Thread Information