Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Hello!
    As title says I have a huge fear of rabies. It's after I developed a low grade fever that is still here after 5 days. No doctor believes I have rabies but I am already convinced I need to start writing my will.

Why I think so: A month ago my neighbors adopted stray kittens. I live in a country considered at low rabies risk with most risk being wild fox and wolves. I played with the kittens and one of them scratched me on the arm when I tried to move it out of the way from my dad's car. I instantly feared rabies but no one else seemed concerned.

2 weeks later I went and the kitten was still fine and playing with the others and with the owners kids.
    5 days after that I saw the kittens relax and were still fine.
    Yesterday (1 month and 8 days since) I saw the kittens sitting with the kids. Today my dad told me my little brother and the neighborhood kids were playing with them. So this means the kittens werent sick with rabies at the time of the scratch incident? Google says animals can only effect you when the animal is shedding which js why its put in 10 day quarantine before being dismissed as not rabies.

I cant sleep or eat for a week now and I don't know how much longer I have to shake in fear day and night expecting to suddenly develop numbness in my arm or fear of water before I die in one of the most terrible ways possible? I know a lot of ppl fight rabies fears or had rabies fears so I am asking for opinion and advice, please :(

Re: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Read this as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Read this as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for this post! I am sorry I made a new thread seeing people were tired of saying the same thing over but I was actually scratched by an animal so I don't know what to think? :(

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    I was actually scratched by an animal so I don't know what to think? :(
    No need to apologize but a little common sense and reality is needed here. The facts, based on the reality speak volumes. Look at those facts and you're living proof of the reality so...?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I am on day 6 of this hell and I don't know how much longer I have to wait to get over my fear of this or before I die from rabies :(
    I also have a therapist and I am taking my prescribed medication but it seems to no avail so they mighthave to give me a bigger dose.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    I am on day 6 of this hell and I don't know how much longer I have to wait to get over my fear of this or before I die from rabies :(
    I also have a therapist and I am taking my prescribed medication but it seems to no avail so they mighthave to give me a bigger dose.
    Unless the cat bit you, you are fine. You have to actually be bitten to have any ounce of chance of rabies. Take care of the scratch. Cat scratches take a while to heal.

If the kittens are still alive, you can not have rabies. An onfectious kitten would have died with 10 days of having transmittable rabies. So that you have seen them alive a month after scratching you, there is a 0 chance that you have rabies.

You posted this on anxiety central:
    I am just googling rabies stories.

I responded there and you did not reply...

Please stop Googling.
    You are feeding the HA beast, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    If the kittens are still alive, you can not have rabies. An onfectious kitten would have died with 10 days of having transmittable rabies. So that you have seen them alive a month after scratching you, there is a 0 chance that you have rabies.
    This is what ny parents, therapist and doctor said too but the fear can convince you of literally anything. Those kittens mightve been dropped in that yard but all the neighborhood kids play with them daily.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    You posted this on anxiety central:
    I am just googling rabies stories.

I responded there and you did not reply...

Please stop Googling.
    You are feeding the HA beast, do you see that?
    Im sorry for not replying I forgot but yes today I was told by a lot of people irl to stop googling rabies symptoms, stories and patient case documents. I did block those pages for now and will try to stop reading. But I just need support to get out of my fears because I've fallen into a deep hole and theres nothing but fear and death here. It's really unpleasant so I have to try and connect with people.

I get some of the fears here. Rabies however, is not one of them. If I were to try an analogy of your scenario, it would be like me saying I'm afraid to leave the house because of the Perseid Meteor Shower (which comes around annually for a few days in August). In fact it was last week and I pulled over to watch for a bit after a show.

I'm truly sorry you feel this way. I hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information