Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Re: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    I am 22 and I've been dealing with HA since I was 16 :(
    And how do you deal with it? From what I read here your anxiety seem very intense and extremely creative. A creativity that could no doubt be used to something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    I am 22 and I've been dealing with HA since I was 16 :(
    OK. I wasn't sure if you were younger.

I am 46, but in the past 6 years, I have developed HA. I had a reprieve for about 2.5 of those years, well the reprieve is something I worked hard to achieve. Came back when I was put through testing for possible cancer.

My HA started with cancer (biopsied for a cancer 6 years ago, then again about 2 years ago or a little less), but it veered off into zoonotic diseases including rabies. It intensified after discovering a dead bat carcass in my house last March, OMFG!

I have not been diagnosed, but I am really convinced that the zoonotic disease strain of my HA is OCD. Maybe the cancer stuff too. Maybe you should talk to a doc about the possibility of OCD in your case. There is treatment for it and you DON'T want to be associating rabies with all your encounters with animals. That's an intrusive thought and they can be debilitating if you don't lick them.
    Last edited by NervUs; 25-08-18 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    And how do you deal with it? From what I read here your anxiety seem very intense and extremely creative. A creativity that could no doubt be used to something more useful.
    Well when I am not dying of rabies, I am an architecture student, artist and hobbyist creative writer (mostly young adult and children stories)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Please tell us then, how you as well as the kittens are still alive and healthy or exhibiting symptoms 6 weeks after the scratch? Facts only. And no "what ifs" or "yeah buts" involved in the answer.
    You can include in your answer an explanation about how you saw a rat cross your path and using it's "Flash" like super powers, bit you and you didn't feel it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

MagpieWitch
    your father and a doctor ... did you tell him about your fear?

I've been having weird symptoms for 12 days now and that's 9 for the rabies worries :(
    I don't know if serious severe symptoms would've manifested by now?

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by epistore View Post
    MagpieWitch
    your father and a doctor ... did you tell him about your fear?
    My father is a doctor and he was next to me when I got scratched. My mom is a ER nurse and she also thinks my fear is baseless. Her colleague from work handles stray feral cats and she thinks so too. My GP is a huntsman in his free time and he said not to worry because I wasn't bitten and the kitten is alive. I asked a lot of doctors trust me. No one is at all concerned which is both relieving but also worrying because "What if everyone is wrong" scenario

I think I trust your father more than you do. So much that I ask you to doubt my doubts. You will never have animal rage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information