Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Re: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    This is what ny parents, therapist and doctor said too but the fear can convince you of literally anything. Those kittens mightve been dropped in that yard but all the neighborhood kids play with them daily.[COLOR="blue"]
    You need to talk back to the fear. There is absolutely zero chance. Kittens can not live with rabies longer than 10 days if they are at the infectious stage of rabies. They are only infectious when it has reached salivary glands. And once there, they are goners in 10 days or less.

I understand rabies fear and how consuming it is. I really do. But, even I know when to give up. And, your scenario is a give it up immediately one. There is absolutely no grey area in this situation.

Just don't get scratched again!!!

you have to come into contact with saliva from a rabid animal to contract rabies, which didn’t happen when the kitten scratched you! so there’s no way you could get rabies (even if the kitten was rabbid, which I am 200% certain it was not). you do not have rabies. it is literally impossible for you to have rabies. I know how consuming the fear can be, but try to focus on the facts! hope this passes soon xx

Hey guys.
    I am over a day google free from this and I am still scared but I am trying not to google. I just want some people to discuss my fears with outside of my bubble of how I will make the headline and how sad and dramatic my death will be.
    I am still worried about the low grade fever I have and that my throat hurts a little but not when I drink or eat. It's been roughly 8 days now though, I don't know if I have to wait a lot more to convince myself.

You’ve had some very helpful replies. What else do you need to hear?
    What do you think you need to do?
    Well done for not googling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You’ve had some very helpful replies. What else do you need to hear?
    What do you think you need to do?
    Well done for not googling.

I don't know, replies are what people generally tell me including my GP. Just sometimes fear is stronger.

Do you guys on here ever get so scared you imagine your funerals and your deathbed and the headlines if you make the news? It's very distressing and intrusive but I can't shake it off :(

I’ve never imagined a newspaper headline, but I can understand what you’re saying.

The reason you’re getting that advice is because it’s the right advice. I’m not sure what you want to hear? Perhaps ask specific questions to receive specific answers.

I don't know, replies are what people generally tell me including my GP. Just sometimes fear is stronger.

Do you guys on here ever get so scared you imagine your funerals and your deathbed and the headlines if you make the news? It's very distressing and intrusive but I can't shake it off :(
    Yes, I do.

IMO, hypochondria relates to a very active imagination and easiness empathizing with other people's situations, almost feeling what other people go through. It's not the only factor, but I think it is a big part. And, it's why these diseases are so scary...because you feel like you can predict exactly what you would go through and what it will feel like for yourself and the family left behind.

Instead of rabies, why don't you read about hypochondria and how what you are going through with this is text book? For me, knowing that my brain runs away with "stories" (like Girl dies of rabies, News at 10) is sometimes helpful in moving myself along.

I think we get mired in these stories because we are kind of bored, btw. Our brains need mental stimulation, but we aren't giving it enough of the right kind, so our brains seek out this garbage.

You don't have rabies...so...learn more about what you do have and really understand it's not about the rabies at all.

I know that none of you here are doctors but I have to ask. I suddenly felt a little better mentally and could this be because of the rabies? I remember something about hyperactivity being a symptom :(
    Also how do I tell if I have difficulty swallowing or if it's just anxiety?

Do you guys on here ever get so scared you imagine your funerals and your deathbed and the headlines if you make the news?....
    I've literally faced death several times in the last ten years. I was scared, it was an enormous struggle, but never have I had those thoughts or imaginings. I understand I don't have HA but you're correct, it's distressing. Especially in light of the reality of your scenario

What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-08-18 at 01:11.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    Yes, I do.

IMO, hypochondria relates to a very active imagination and easiness empathizing with other people's situations, almost feeling what other people go through. It's not the only factor, but I think it is a big part. And, it's why these diseases are so scary...because you feel like you can predict exactly what you would go through and what it will feel like for yourself and the family left behind.

Instead of rabies, why don't you read about hypochondria and how what you are going through with this is text book? For me, knowing that my brain runs away with "stories" (like Girl dies of rabies, News at 10) is sometimes helpful in moving myself along.

I think we get mired in these stories because we are kind of bored, btw. Our brains need mental stimulation, but we aren't giving it enough of the right kind, so our brains seek out this garbage.

You don't have rabies...so...learn more about what you do have and really understand it's not about the rabies at all.

This was a great reply and the OP ignored it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information