Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

Re: Huge rabies fear! Please help!

As a former rabies fearer myself I can only 100% agree that everything that needs to be said about this matter has been said and written in here and that the only thing OP can do now is to battle the anxiety.

Oh; and to repeat myself for maybe the thouseneth time: if you had developed terminal rabies there is no chance in the entire universe you would be able to sit and post this on the Internet. But deep inside you allready know that, right?

Could the admin be so kind to merge this thread with the sticky rabies thread? We dont need more rabies threads here now which bacically is just variations of the same impossible nightmare scenarios with no base in reality.

@Scass I did not ignore that reply. I read it, over and over few times.
    I understand all of this, but I wish making myself believe it could be easy and could be done with a click of the fingers. But there is fear and there is doubt and they tell you "What if you're wrong" "What if this time it's real and once you think it's not it will come and get you."
    I am afraid recovery is a process and yes I do fabricate a lot of stories, but my brain genuinely believes them until it decides not to.

Please tell us then, how you as well as the kittens are still alive and healthy or exhibiting symptoms 6 weeks after the scratch? Facts only. And no "what ifs" or "yeah buts" involved in the answer.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

[QUOTE=paranoid-viking;1819534

Could the admin be so kind to merge this thread with the sticky rabies thread? We dont need more rabies threads here now which bacically is just variations of the same impossible nightmare scenarios with no base in reality.[/QUOTE]

No, that is not what the sticky thread is for. We can't merge every single rabies thread into one.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey, I hate having to revive this thread again but it seems my mind is just set on "You have rabies" and I can't move past it.

I remember a while back, me and my baby brother were walking down the river and suddenly a rat crossed our way and went into the water. I am now convinced that the rat bit me on my leg and I just simply don't remember or didn't feel it?

Because around two weeks ago I got this horrible itch on my leg and I scratched it until it bled in few spots but I didn't notice a rash and also then it was tingly for some time. And then I got back pain and then the fever came and here we are two weeks later, I am in horrible rabies fear. (Because I remember a while ago when I had my rabies fear I read a story about a Chinese woman who was bitten by a dog on the leg and had numbness and back pain before she died)

Could I have been bitten by a rat and not felt it? Or maybe scratched or something?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Hey, I hate having to revive this thread again but it seems my mind is just set on "You have rabies" and I can't move past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Please tell us then, how you as well as the kittens are still alive and healthy or exhibiting symptoms 6 weeks after the scratch? Facts only. And no "what ifs" or "yeah buts" involved in the answer.
    You can include in your answer an explanation about how you saw a rat cross your path and using it's "Flash" like super powers, bit you and you didn't feel it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I remember a while back, me and my baby brother were walking down the river and suddenly a rat crossed our way and went into the water. I am now convinced that the rat bit me on my leg and I just simply don't remember or didn't feel it?

Because around two weeks ago I got this horrible itch on my leg and I scratched it until it bled in few spots but I didn't notice a rash and also then it was tingly for some time. And then I got back pain and then the fever came and here we are two weeks later, I am in horrible rabies fear. (Because I remember a while ago when I had my rabies fear I read a story about a Chinese woman who was bitten by a dog on the leg and had numbness and back pain before she died)

Could I have been bitten by a rat and not felt it? Or maybe scratched or something?
    How old are you, friend?

Hello!
    As title says I have a huge fear of rabies. It's after I developed a low grade fever that is still here after 5 days. No doctor believes I have rabies but I am already convinced I need to start writing my will.

Why I think so: A month ago my neighbors adopted stray kittens. I live in a country considered at low rabies risk with most risk being wild fox and wolves. I played with the kittens and one of them scratched me on the arm when I tried to move it out of the way from my dad's car. I instantly feared rabies but no one else seemed concerned.

2 weeks later I went and the kitten was still fine and playing with the others and with the owners kids.
    5 days after that I saw the kittens relax and were still fine.
    Yesterday (1 month and 8 days since) I saw the kittens sitting with the kids. Today my dad told me my little brother and the neighborhood kids were playing with them. So this means the kittens werent sick with rabies at the time of the scratch incident? Google says animals can only effect you when the animal is shedding which js why its put in 10 day quarantine before being dismissed as not rabies.

I cant sleep or eat for a week now and I don't know how much longer I have to shake in fear day and night expecting to suddenly develop numbness in my arm or fear of water before I die in one of the most terrible ways possible? I know a lot of ppl fight rabies fears or had rabies fears so I am asking for opinion and advice, please :(
    Take it from me, I'm a rabies fear veteran

Just remember that this is an irrational fear and is not consistent with reality. Try some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy if it gets worse, and if that doesn't work talk to a psychiatrist about getting a prescription for a medicine. But whatever you do, don't seek reassurance from friends and family. This just worsens the fear and you will have to constantly try reassurance forever. Trust me, I tried reassurance and it didn't do jack sh**.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyVeteran View Post
    Take it from me, I'm a rabies fear veteran

Just remember that this is an irrational fear and is not consistent with reality. Try some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy if it gets worse, and if that doesn't work talk to a psychiatrist about getting a prescription for a medicine. But whatever you do, don't seek reassurance from friends and family. This just worsens the fear and you will have to constantly try reassurance forever. Trust me, I tried reassurance and it didn't do jack sh**.

Hope this helps
    It is the same thing s/he is doing here. As soon as s/he is reassured that something is impossible, a new impossible and creative nightmare scenario is thought up based on "what if me being better means that I have rabies"(sorry but, WHAT?); or; "what if there were an invisible rat or bat in the forrest or whatever"; means that for some HA sufferers; reassurance is like heroin for a junkie; they need a higher dose each time and it goes on in an endless cycle. At that point HA rehab is the only solution. And THAT I dont think anyone here is able to provide as we are just sufferers ourself, not therapists.

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    How old are you, friend?
    I am 22 and I've been dealing with HA since I was 16 :(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information