Thread: 3 MONTHS of constant severe upper abdominal pain... feel like I want to die

3 MONTHS of constant severe upper abdominal pain... feel like I want to die

Hi all,

I've had the worst three months ever. Pain started out of the blue one day - upper center pain. It is very uncomfortable, especially the chest pain. Since then I've felt it upper center, upper left, upper right, back, and chest. It's there all the time but I've had weeks that were better and weeks that were worse. The last month has been hell. I tried PPIs, had a normal upper scope and a normal ultrasound. Recently I had a normal CT scan except for "something in my stomach" (the doc thinks food but ??) and "moderate stool in my colon." I'm doing a miralax cleanse today to see if it will help but I don't understand this at all since I've regular bowel movements every day and haven't felt constipated. Can that even cause upper abdominal pain? Anyway I'm depressed as hell and the constant pain is awful. Only other symptoms have been maybe more burping than normal and sometimes diarrhea. Lab work normal. Before this I've had no stomach issues and I'm only 24. I almost wanted the CT to find something terrible so at least I could have surgery or get treatments to stop the pain. Any help is so so so appreciated.

Re: 3 MONTHS of constant severe upper abdominal pain... feel like I want to die

Ask your dr about a gastric emptying study just to rule out gastroparesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    Ask your dr about a gastric emptying study just to rule out gastroparesis.
    Thanks, I'll do that when I see my doctor this week. I don't know it's that because my pain doesn't really seem to be affected by what I eat and I've gone almost the whole day without eating before and it didn't change the pain. But worth asking for sure!

I have been having bad left upper abdominal pain for 3-4 months now as well.. i am so scared.. cant have a scan though because i am pregnant (not related, pain started before).

im having upper stomach severe pain, did urs guys pain go away?

Thread Information