Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is rabies an infamous topic on HA forums?

Why is rabies an infamous topic on HA forums?

Just a thread like that, why is it one of the more hated fear, along with brain eating amoeba and ALS/MS?? People absolutely hate talking about these 3-4 culprits.

Re: Why is rabies an infamous topic on HA forums?

It never used to be on here until recently and then we got flooded with rabies posts for no reason.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It never used to be on here until recently and then we got flooded with rabies posts for no reason.
    Could it be because recently a little boy died from a rabid bat bite? :( (no not casper ninja bat)

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieWitch View Post
    Just a thread like that, why is it one of the more hated fear, along with brain eating amoeba and ALS/MS?? People absolutely hate talking about these 3-4 culprits.
    MS is not so hated. ALS is, because there is a sticky post which explains to HA sufferers why they don't have ALS, but of course, nobody bothers to read before posting

As for brain eating amoeba, well, it's a bit self - explanatory, isn't it?

Margaret Thatcher

Where did someone die of rabies ?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Where did someone die of rabies ?
    Did a Google. Little boy from Florida in Jan of 2018. Father found a sick bat, put it in a bucket to dispose of it and the kid touched it after being told not to.

It's important to note that rabies cases in the United States are extremely rare. Only twenty-eight cases of human rabies have been diagnosed in the United States since 2006, of which 8 cases were infected outside the United States and its territories. Do the math You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning or a car or winning the lottery for that matter.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Did a Google. Little boy from Florida in Jan of 2018. Father found a sick bat, put it in a bucket to dispose of it and the kid touched it after being told not to.

It's important to note that rabies cases in the United States are extremely rare. Only twenty-eight cases of human rabies have been diagnosed in the United States since 2006, of which 8 cases were infected outside the United States and its territories. Do the math You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning or a car or winning the lottery for that matter.

Positive thoughts
    And to point out for ninja bats - the bat was sick, couldn't fly and the child stuck its hand in the bucket so it got bitten (scratched according to news but you can't know)
    It was an obviously rabid sick bat.
    This story is terrible and I cried when I read it the other day (I am in a rabies fear phase rn)

I have bats flying round my back garden - they swoop really close then fly away when they realise you are not food.

Love to see them but never have I ever once thought I was attacked and bitten and given rabies from them.

The fear of being bitten by a rabid bat seems to be an American fear rather than a UK / European fear, and it appeared on this forum after the members of Anxiety Zone...which had mostly American members...shut down and the majority moved over to NMP.

But apparently in some parts of the US there's still a risk, if that's correct? Hence the fear I guess.

Cath ☺

I have bats flying round my back garden - they swoop really close then fly away when they realise you are not food.

Love to see them but never have I ever once thought I was attacked and bitten and given rabies from them.
    I'm the same Nic. I've said this before... When I was a kid, my friend and I used to take a pair of nylons (Moms weren't pleased), put a rock in the toe and throw it in the air when the bats started flying. A bat would go for it, get it's claws hung up in the stockings and the weight of the rock would bring them down. We'd catch them, handle them etc. I'm still here

Like they say, a rabid animal is obviously sick.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information