Thread: Icy feeling in chest

Icy feeling in chest

Hi all!

Wondering if someone else has experienced this and if it's a sympton of anxiety or perhaps a panic attack...last night I was very sleepy and ready to go to bed but found it impossible to actually fall asleep because I had this odd icy feeling in my chest.

When I touch my chest it doesn't actually feel cold, but I couldn't get rid of the feeling and it was very uncomfortable. I thought it was maybe because our room was cold but despite putting on a furry robe, drinking warm tea, and putting a hot water bottle on my chest, nothing was getting rid of the feeling! I eventually fell asleep after hours of tossing and turning but have woken up with the feeling not completely gone and feeling very unrested.

I have been very stressed and anxious lately and I have had panic attacks before, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this as it has left me feeling very distressed and in a surreal state this morning.

Thank you all!

Re: Icy feeling in chest

What spot exactly? And let me guess it feels like small rodents are running around in there? Sorta tingling sensation?

Re: Icy feeling in chest

Yes I get it when I am really anxious some times it feels like tingling or even burning feeling it in my left side of my chest and top of my arm it is adrenaline from shallow breathing . Sometimes u don't realise u are doing it it gose away when i am not anxious but comes back when I am . It can sometimes b a side effects from medication when u first start them
    Take care and try breathing exercise if u can even when your not anxious keep practicing
    Linda xx

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Another thing I bet u are holding your stomach with a lot of tension that can also hinder u from breathing properly

Thread Information