Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last month of 20’s

Re: Last month of 20’s

Age is just a number don't get hung up on a number, my 30's were the best years wish l could do them again x

I feel doomed when I hit over 30 can anybody reassure me?

What are your thoughts telling? That you will get ill & die? Maybe that you are now officially old, you are missing out as you aren't where you feel you are expected to be or that you can't get there?

What will cause you die? Are you suddenly entering an age bracket where you are high risk for all sorts of things? No, you are way off that. Therefore there is clearly no reality in the thoughts.

The other worries can be because of seeing friends moving forward quicker e.g. mortgage, wife & kids by 25. But that's the norm years ago, not so much now. And the further you go back in generations the earlier the married couple & parents get.

There is no clock ticking at 30 for biology. There is plenty of time for kids and you aren't living at home now so you are moving forward in that respect. You are getting married.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    What are your thoughts telling? That you will get ill & die? Maybe that you are now officially old, you are missing out as you aren't where you feel you are expected to be or that you can't get there?

What will cause you die? Are you suddenly entering an age bracket where you are high risk for all sorts of things? No, you are way off that. Therefore there is clearly no reality in the thoughts.

The other worries can be because of seeing friends moving forward quicker e.g. mortgage, wife & kids by 25. But that's the norm years ago, not so much now. And the further you go back in generations the earlier the married couple & parents get.

There is no clock ticking at 30 for biology. There is plenty of time for kids and you aren't living at home now so you are moving forward in that respect. You are getting married.
    I don’t know.

Have you seen In time movie? You don’t age past 25 that’s my ideal society.

I would happily relive my youth over and over no progress growing up is boring. So many things you can’t go back and do like school and college.

My thoughts tell me it’s offically an old age nobody in there 20’s can feel truly old surely not. I’m not sure I can see myself having a family in my 30’s either I feel I should have done it younger and it will just cause invonvinience to me now

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

And yep constantly dating and never marrying and staying young and good looking would be bliss for me.

You'd still have OCD though even if you never aged

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You'd still have OCD though even if you never aged
    Sounds like it's Soylent Green for us then

Im 54 years old and when Im not knee deep in my Anxiety Im really enjoying Life, Life has an awful lot to offer and theres so much to fill it with other than just Telly & Food ..... Dont know if that helps at all

Apart from my anxiety wobbles I've quite enjoyed my 30s. My 20s were a time when I was constantly trying to prove myself to be "cooler" than I really am. I hated dating, I was never very good at "being young".

In my 30s I was settled and didn't care about this more, and indulged myself in all kinds of nerdy things I love that 20-something-me would be too embarrassed to do. It's the decade when you can cut the BS and be yourself.

Hangovers start to get worse though, I'll warn you that!

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

And remember, decades only mean anything because we evolved to have 10 fingers and that's how humans count! It's arbitrary, and means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I don’t know.

Have you seen In time movie? You don’t age past 25 that’s my ideal society.

I would happily relive my youth over and over no progress growing up is boring. So many things you can’t go back and do like school and college.

My thoughts tell me it’s offically an old age nobody in there 20’s can feel truly old surely not. I’m not sure I can see myself having a family in my 30’s either I feel I should have done it younger and it will just cause invonvinience to me now

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

And yep constantly dating and never marrying and staying young and good looking would be bliss for me.
    Yes, I've seen it.

Growing up is up to you, some people never grow up! You don't have to reach for the pipe & slippers when you hit 30. It's a state of mind and you could be boring at 20.

I think the parents on here might tell you having kids at any age is an inconvenience. Many people could say they lost their young adulthood because they started early but then they get to retrieve their life earlier once the kids become adults. Those who start later get the freedom earlier.

I wouldn't go back & do school or college if you payed me. Adulthood is far better, much more freedom. There are certainly good memories and things I miss about family but school was good for mates for me. Looking back so much of school was a waste as you never use most of it again in your life.

Given what you have said about your earlier life I wonder if this is more about being unhappy with where you are and remembering the better times?

---------- Post added at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Apart from my anxiety wobbles I've quite enjoyed my 30s. My 20s were a time when I was constantly trying to prove myself to be "cooler" than I really am. I hated dating, I was never very good at "being young".

In my 30s I was settled and didn't care about this more, and indulged myself in all kinds of nerdy things I love that 20-something-me would be too embarrassed to do. It's the decade when you can cut the BS and be yourself.

Hangovers start to get worse though, I'll warn you that!
    Same here. Trying to be cool, too much emphasis on women and the pressure of pulling. I couldn't give a monkeys about any of that now.

A period of adulthood was about status though. I'm through that now too. Mental health problems changes how you look at the world although there can be the worry about being stuck with no future with employers when it comes to time off.

And the funny thing as you get older, you stop having to chase women and find they come to you more as you have more confidence in yourself. More natural situations arise, at least that's what I found.

Very true about the hangovers! I've stopped drinking because of all that. The funny thing is though after a while you don't relate to drinking culture anymore and want to do different things. My twenties were all about drinking culture, it was the norm in my city.

Not growing old, growing up.

Yes some people are cool at 30 or 30’s but I worry about it and I worry about the state of mind like I worry I think I’m older than I am some people are like 30 isn’t old but people make fuss about special birthdays. I went down the route of hiding my age on Facebook and refused any cards with age on them.

Worrying even over 30 sounds old 31, 32, 33 all old and older really anything past 28 to me is old. Some people when they hit 30 don’t think it’s old.

20’s has been a marathon to rush to get married buy a house so much pressure go nights out and the last one is have a family I think after that I’ve completed the full circle unless I was getting divorced as some people go back the way

But yes I fear health issues my diet isn’t good I’m very fussy and worry about that. I don’t drink much if at all and I am healthy in other ways don’t smoke or anything.

But I have two days left in my 20’s I’m off on holiday but have a sore stomach so already putting it down to old age like a few weeks ago I had pains in my food

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information