Thread: 25 year old male afraid of colon cancer please help!!!!

25 year old male afraid of colon cancer please help!!!!

Hello I just want to start off by saying I知 a 24 year old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good 7 months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in stool. I had one CT scan the first time 6 months ago and my abdomen was fine. I did one about a month ago, and they found numerous pericecal enlarged lymph nodes measuring up 12 mm that may represent mesenteric adenitis. I am afraid that this is stage 4 colon cancer. All my GI doctors think it is not necessary to do a colonoscopy, and that I知 too young to have anything wrong with me and it is probably nothing. I did just find out that I had a grandfather who has a blockage in colon a very long time ago, but received no cancer treatment for it. Should I consult a GI doctor? Is this Grounds for concern? I just need peace of mind, I知 mentally suffering.

Re: 25 year old male afraid of colon cancer please help!!!!

What exactly are pericecal enlarged lymph nodes, and do they indicate con cancer?

I would say that if you don't have bleeding or weight loss -and have had ct scans- you do not have colon cancer.

If it would make you feel better to consult with a GI nurse or dr, you could. GI drs are often very liberal with the colonoscopy, too, so if you want one you will likely get one. LOL

I dont think you have anything to worry about. I understand the family history as a concern, but I bet your grndfather was possibly 2.5x your current age when he had his issue?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melonpony View Post
    What exactly are pericecal enlarged lymph nodes, and do they indicate con cancer?

I would say that if you don't have bleeding or weight loss -and have had ct scans- you do not have colon cancer.

If it would make you feel better to consult with a GI nurse or dr, you could. GI drs are often very liberal with the colonoscopy, too, so if you want one you will likely get one. LOL

I dont think you have anything to worry about. I understand the family history as a concern, but I bet your grndfather was possibly 2.5x your current age when he had his issue?

They are just the name of a group of lymph nodes in the abdomen. The doctors think mesenteric adenitis which is an inflammation common in <16's.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They are just the name of a group of lymph nodes in the abdomen. The doctors think mesenteric adenitis which is an inflammation common in <16's.
    Thank you for clarifying, Terry!
    So this is common. Not a sign of colon cancer at all!

Thread Information