Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigboy

Re: Bigboy

I used to be able to email people and ask if they are ok but I am wary of doing this now because of the GDPR and someone may take offence to me using their email address to contact them.

I have done this in the past to check on members but have to be so careful how I use private information now, so sorry I can't help further.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Also Brian (Braindead) who hasn't been on here for over 5 months now. I sent him an email back then but never heard anything. He had many problems he was dealing with after a long spell in hospital so hope he simply tired of us and has moved on. Sadly, it's not always easy believing this when a member is struggling with their mental and/or physical health.
    I agree, KK. I tend to fear the worst.

I think Brian found that NMP didn't really meet his needs because he had complex issues. He did have his family to look after him though. Dave appeared to be pretty isolated.

I can appreciate that you are in a difficult situation re contacting members, Nic. I don't think there's a lot anyone can do other than what has already been done?

Wishing him all the best too if he reads this, he's always such a kind, well-meaning guy and I hope he's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Also Brian (Braindead) who hasn't been on here for over 5 months now. I sent him an email back then but never heard anything. He had many problems he was dealing with after a long spell in hospital so hope he simply tired of us and has moved on. Sadly, it's not always easy believing this when a member is struggling with their mental and/or physical health.
    Yes, very true. With Brian it was obvious he was going through a lot and we can only trust in his family to be helping.

I can think of others that disappear. Gregcool, Rennie, Kimberley, lior, SADNoMore, etc. Sometimes some pop back and explain how things have been going, which have often been quite well until a slip. Shazamataz, Mermaid, etc who pop back on now & again but are quiet.

I don't use chat or the Facebook group so some may be in there too and prefer these formats. Some people just go quiet. Some have themselves set to not show as well so they may just be around in chat or on PM.

We just have to hope they are all doing well and don't need this place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I used to be able to email people and ask if they are ok but I am wary of doing this now because of the GDPR and someone may take offence to me using their email address to contact them.

I have done this in the past to check on members but have to be so careful how I use private information now, so sorry I can't help further.
    If people have opted to have messages sent to them via email then you would hope that was ok? If not and the email address is just in file then I can understand that as it might be seen as intrusive I guess.

To be honest, GDPR is a load of garbage. It's done nothing to my email whether I opted in or not (and many never even asked anyway since they were already spamming & mailshoting).

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, very true. With Brian it was obvious he was going through a lot and we can only trust in his family to be helping.

I can think of others that disappear. Gregcool, Rennie, Kimberley, lior, SADNoMore, etc. Sometimes some pop back and explain how things have been going, which have often been quite well until a slip. Shazamataz, Mermaid, etc who pop back on now & again but are quiet.

I don't use chat or the Facebook group so some may be in there too and prefer these formats. Some people just go quiet. Some have themselves set to not show as well so they may just be around in chat or on PM.

We just have to hope they are all doing well and don't need this place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

If people have opted to have messages sent to them via email then you would hope that was ok? If not and the email address is just in file then I can understand that as it might be seen as intrusive I guess.

To be honest, GDPR is a load of garbage. It's done nothing to my email whether I opted in or not (and many never even asked anyway since they were already spamming & mailshoting).

I often think of Greegcool too, also Annie 0904. I think i saw Lior on here no long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    I often think of Greegcool too, also Annie 0904. I think i saw Lior on here no long ago.
    Yeah, lior pops back.

How did I forget Annie? A very friendly, supportive member. Swgrl too but she will be busy changing nappies now.

I often think about Karina (flipp). I honestly don't know how anyone could carry on after such tragedies in her life but she had to find a way in order to care for her children who were also dealing with the double bereavement.

@nomorepanic ~ thats a real shame, is there T&C's with the no more panic board/forum that could state that if not heard of for a while an admin may reach out by eMail to check in with a member ? I dont know what you have to do to be GDPR compliant

Yeah, lior pops back.

How did I forget Annie? A very friendly, supportive member. Swgrl too but she will be busy changing nappies now.
    And cleaning up projectile vomit

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Yeah, lior pops back.

Annie is really lovely. Hope she's doing well

I keep in touch with Annie, but not heard from her for a while. So I texted her.. did not say you were asking about her or gave her any news. I know she is very busy
    She is alright that's the main thing.xxx

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information