Thread: Constant Panic

Constant Panic

Hi, I am new here so sorry if I post something wrong.

I am a 22-year-old female and I have very severe health anxiety. I am currently sitting here in bed panicking about having a heart attack. Logically, I know it is very rare for someone this young to have one, but the panic will not stop. I've got so many physical symptoms, chest tightness, leg weakness, breathlessness, hot flashes, etc. I am also having what I believe to be, "rolling" panic attacks where one ends, another begins shortly after, thus just continuing my anxiety.

I feel like I am going crazy or that I am going to die one of these nights and I hate it and my friends and family don't understand and keep telling me to, "Stop being anxious."

Re: Constant Panic

Stop being anxious is SO annoying and stupid! As is “calm down”.

Sorry you’re feeling like that. It’s really common in your early 20’s - I found that quite reassuring. Have you read about the physical symptoms of anxiety? I found that quite reassuring too!

When I realised I had anxiety, I bought a book on it and saw my GP. The book really helped, luckily you can read all the articles on this forum for free! I also got sent on a group therapy course, and got given a progressive muscle relaxation exercise. I can’t recommend that enough, look for one on YouTube and listen every day until it sinks in and you start to do it automatically.

Lastly, you’re not having a heart attack. You’re going to be fine, but try to work on it now rather than letting it consume your days & nights x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information