Thread: Tight Throat

Tight Throat

Hi all,

Ever since i first got anxiety/panic attacks, i have had the TIGHT THROAT off and on. I know it's a quite common symptom but when you are suffering from it, it can be very scarey. It feels like your throat is going to close over etc .

I know this wont happen but i just want to know if anyone suffers the same and does anyone have any tips on this one.

thanks again
    Lisa
    xxxx

Re: Tight Throat

blondy, how on earth did you become pub champion? did no one else turn up?

I get it alot Lisa, usually with tight chest and a band of pressure around my head. I do find drinking water helps though.

It's just one of the areas that are targeted by those pesky lil anxiety released chemicals in the body, but I don't need to tell you that it is not harmful

TC

Jaco xx

rofl Jaco,

reason i'm the pub champion is cause i did it so many times, i remembered the answers. Don't worry hun i didn't turn into a genius over night .

Thanks for the tips mate, much appreciated.

Love
    Lisa
    xxxxxxxxx

HEY LISA HUN,
    LIKE I MENTIONED TO YOU I GET THIS AT TIMES .YOU HAVE BEEN BABYSITTING KIDS AND ECT IN YA LIFE THATS STRESS LOL BUT ANYWAYS THROAT TOUNGE NECK ALL THOSE AREAS ARE ON THE SAME MUSCLE SO WHENYA TENSED UP I THINK THATS WHATS CAUSES THAT THROAT FEELING..HOPE IT LEAVES YA QUICK!!!!!!!! AND IT WILL..........LOVE YA......LINDA XXX

Hi Lisa,

I could have just written that post myself today!! Just about 10 minutes ago I had the exact same feeling - as if my throat was closing over inside and I would die from no air!! I just moaned to my husband before putting the computer on and seeing your post!

I get this quite a lot at night, when I'm falling to sleep, and sometimes in the middle of the night it wakes me up. Its so so scary even though it only lasts a few seconds. Always makes me panic and jump. Do you ever get it in bed at night?

Horrible feeling!
    Take care, and I'll look out for the tips...
    Last edited by Angelcake; 18-08-07 at 00:36. Reason: pressed 'post' too soon!

Yes I get this lots Lisa bud. For me it feels like my throat is slightly tight, dry and tense if that makes sense. I don't have a problem swallowing so eating and drinking is fine for me. What is annoying though is I can get this sensation for no apparant reason. My top tip is sucking a polo lol!

Take care,

Mike x

Hi Lisa.

Oh yes, this is one of my main symptoms!

My throat, chest and neck get really tight. I have to convince myself it won't get any worse, and not give in to the need to cough which only makes it feel worse.

I try to distract myself by reading or watching tv. Or I try some relaxation breathing exercises. If I'm in the car or something I try to sing along with the music. All these things help relax the muscles and you realise you CAN still breathe after all!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

thanks all xxxxxxxxx

Yeah angel i do get it in bed at times but mostly during the day (tight throat) that is LOL.

I find i can relax more at night because all the stresses of the day have eased unless there is something i have to do the next day that i am not looking forward too, then i get it big time.

tc and thanks again all xxxxxxx

Lisa
    xx

Thread Information