Thread: Nortriptyline (pamelor)?

Nortriptyline (pamelor)?

Has anybody ever taken this medication?. Back in 2009 I used to have great results with Abilify, but after my relapse about a month ago, I was prescribed it again but had horrible side effects from it that I never had before.. mostly vivid nightmares and horrible insomnia.. so my doctor prescribed me nortriptyline to see how that works for me. Only thing is I noticed it is used to some anxiety, but it used for other things too and I'm wondering if it will help me considering I have OCD along with my anxiety..

Has anybody taken this? If so if you can share your results with it!. Thank you in advance!

Re: Nortriptyline (pamelor)?

I am on day 25 of 75mg Nortriptyline, I am taking it for anxiety and depression. I also take .5 mgs of Klonopin in the am. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to work. I am here if you want to chat.

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Can have an ekg to check your heart and they have blood tests to see if your dose is in the therapeutic range. Only side effects I have had our constipation which fiber pills help and a higher pulse rate. I am on 75mgs but doses go up to 150mg.

Thanks for your response! My doctor is starting me on 25mg once a day for now.. I'm so nervous to start on anti-depresants so I haven't taken it yet but my anxiety is getting to the point where I think I'm going to have to :/

In order to help you need to get on a dose of 75 or 100. These are the doses for anxiety/panic/ depression/ lower doses are for pain management.

Thread Information