Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it throat cancer? Please help

Is it throat cancer? Please help

Hi everyone
    I had a cold and sore throat about 4 months ago, for some stupid reason I decided to shine a torch to look at the back of my throats and I saw a yellow coloured circular spot/cyst/ulcer?!?

I went to a doctor who couldn't see it, so then I went to another doctor who said yes I can see no that's nothing to worry about it's a cyst and it'll take a while but it should go... 3 months past and it was still there so I went back to the doctors who gave me antibiotics & said if it hasn't gone after that then he'll send me to the ENT who may want to put a camera down my throat! I freaked out, being so frustrated I decided to use a cottonbud to mess with it and it kind of just turned red the doctor thought that it was the antibiotics doing its job (I never told him I'd messed with it ) so he said that's nothing to worry about and sent me on my way, and told me to get more rest, but now it's returning again and it's worrying me and I don't know what to do, do I go back again to the doctors? Or just stop looking at it? My throats doesn't hurt at all, I am tired but looking after a toddler so don't get much rest!

It says on the internet that cysts that don't go away after two weeks should be checked out, mines been here for at least 4 months that I know of!!! Please help me x

Re: Is it throat cancer? Please help

Here is a photo
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 01-09-18 at 23:11.

I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

In the time since you noticed it, you would be considerably more ill. STOP POKING AND PRODDING! You're only hindering it's healing!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi there
    Thank you so much for your reply, and I hope you are better now, I'm sorry I feel terrible for being over dramatic when there are people out there who actually have cancer, do you think I should go back to the doctors or just ignore it, thank you

My throat looks EXACTLY the same....

Hi,

We have removed a picture or link from your post.

This is because we feel it is inappropriate for No More Panic and does not follow the NMP Picture etiquette guidelines.

Please take a look at the guidelines here...
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223214

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

SO do you think I should go back to the doctors because it hasn't healed yet? It's just because I read that any non healing mouth or throat thing should be checked out and he was going to send me to an ent doctor, it's worrying me the fact it hasn't gone any yet and it's been months, I asked my dentist to look at it and he told me to go back to the doctor which I did, he never said it was something not to worry about which made me even worse

Anyone? X

Quote Originally Posted by Jj8 View Post
    SO do you think I should go back to the doctors because it hasn't healed yet? It's just because I read that any non healing mouth or throat thing should be checked out and he was going to send me to an ent doctor, it's worrying me the fact it hasn't gone any yet and it's been months, I asked my dentist to look at it and he told me to go back to the doctor which I did, he never said it was something not to worry about which made me even worse
    well you have answered your own question really
    and the answer is ( YES )

Do you think it's cancerous?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information